The Tennis Thread

• Members

A well placed body serve can truly be effective sometimes.  Venus and Serena have been really effective at serving up some pivotal body serves in their careers, it wouldn't surprise me if Mouratoglou noticed by watching the Williams Sisters use this shot and advised his players on how effective it can be. 

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The problem with Roger is he hasn't had that bad loss unless you count that loss at the US Open to whats his name....LOL. Pete Sampras had that awful loss at Wimbledon and then retired after the US Open which he won. He knew it was time. Roger is loses to the top 10 players and some outside but hasn't had that loss that says to him....I can no longer win......his career was extended because of Murray and Novak's injuries which gave him 3 extra majors he wouldn't have won if they were on the tour. 

• Members

Whether or not it was a guess, Chit can answer for herself, I think. 

You won't get any arguments from me on the value of the YEC though.  On both the WTA and the ATP, the entire tournament means very little, other than points and money.  Still, I think the winners will be pretty happy with both the money and the points.  Especially on the women's side, where the WTA's prizemoney totals eclipsed the men's, lol.

• Members

You told me didn't you?...lol

I wanted Thiem to win of course...I guess mainly for the points...lol. Distance himself from Medvedev and Tsitsipas. YEC is a weird tourney...gives out lots of points....isn't a major or 1000 tournament yet its made a big deal because it involves the final 8 yet the last 4 years the#1 player hasn't won it. The last 3 that have won it had bad luck....Murray major injures...Grigor...where is he?....Sascha had a bad year....won just one tournament...a 250 one at that. 

And thIs tournament has two trophies...#1 ranking trophy and the winner of the tourney...lol....just too much...

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Who TF is gonna watch Davis Cup during the God*amn weekday??!  I tried to stream a match on the "official" website and the livestream was f*cked!  I gave up and I no longer care about Davis Cup. 

Sorry but Pique trying to make DC like FIFA World Cup is not a good idea. As it is I won't be able to care about DC until the weekend, Thursday afternoon at the very earliest.

• Members

Ugh.  Pre-emptions and Tennis channel is running re-runs.  

The women's year end finals were terrible...people retiring various times.  And I just don't think Ash Barty is all that.  

Meanwhile how have I missed the hotness that is Belinda Bencic's boyfriend?  He is tasty.

Edited by Fevuh

• Members

I agree re: Roger.  He's still advancing deep into draws and is still competitive.  I was talking with a friend who follows even more closely than I do and he thought the same thing - I think Tsitsipas, Thiem, Zverev are likely the heirs.  Medvedev is like watchiing paint dry for me.  Kyrgios I think is going to be the player that never reaches potential...I don't know what it is with him...I don't care for him but he has more potential but is such a hothead.  When you get into a fight with the chair umpire over wanting a white towel that you shoulda brought yourself is.....alottttttt.