The Tennis Thread

• Members

Fuk u Fowler for making fun of fans who stayed to watch Thiem practice on center court. I am sure if it were Roger or anyone else you wouldn't have said a thing. 

Fowler: Don't those people have anything better to do than watch Thiem practice...laughter from Fowler. 

And continue to bet against him like you did today and saying Raonic had it in the bag. 

And your laughter while Thiem was serving for the finals was in bad taste u ugly monkey face trash.

Thiem got the last laugh.

Yet, they brought up John McEnroe's conflict of interest when he was Raonic coach while they chatted with Mary Joe and then her asking Thiem how he'd play Roger in the finals.....lawd....

Edited by Soapsuds

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This is me right now and Thiem's mom......she was tearing up as Thiem accepted the trophy......

I was surprised that the fans weren't as loud for Roger as they were last year. They were horrible last year when Roger played Del Po. ESPN and Brad Gilbert are getting blasted for not showing the trophy ceremony saying it was in bad taste and some saying if Roger had won they wouldn't have cut it off. I am noticing a lot of Roger fans were happy for Thiem except for his insane fans....LOL. Again Chris Fowler has no clue what is going on where Tennis or Thiem is concerned. Thiem was already ranked #4 so it is not a new high ranking as Fowler was reporting....

I am so happy he won! I was going to post a lot of gifs already out on his win....but I won't get crazy....LOL...

Rewatching it on TC and of course Brett Haber gives Thiem no chance of winning...can't wait to hear his reaction after the match is over....LOLOL

I'm still in shock and disbelief! LOLOL

I want to like her but she gets on my nerves...LOL

Her complaining to her coach that she was tired.....really? Lawd....I had to just laugh at her complaining.....LOL

• Members

And can Thiem fire Bresnik and keep only Nicolás Massú as his coach? He brings so much energy to Thiem and his box. Bresnik just sits there looking all grumpy all the time. Massu was up in almost every point in his match against Raonic on Saturday.

• Administrator

Congrats to Andresscu!  That was big for Canadian tennis - winning a premier tournament like this.  

This moment was awesome to see. It was so candid.  We got to see her admit that she's struggling, but more importantly, we got to see how much she wanted to win.  I've never seen it before.  When did they allow coaches to talk their player?  I always thought it was dumb that coaches weren't allowed to coach their players during the game.  It was like out of a movie or TV show where a coach gives a good pep talk and the player/team goes out in wins.  Bianca battled through injury, the heat, and losing 3 match points where she could've easily mentally shut down but she got through that.  And she's only 18.   What a fighter.    On March 18, 2018, she was ranked 196.   One year later she's ranked 24.   Keep it up!

"I want this so bad!"  You know how inspiring that's going to be for people, especially those girls in Canada playing tennis? 

• Members

Just when you thought you knew all about this character named Justin Gimelstob, there are articles like this one that drop even more nuggets that make you say "ugh".

Justin Gimelstob: the chequered history of the man who wants to take over tennis

“He is very loud and energetic, and maybe you like it or don’t,” said Ivan Ljubicic, a former world No.3 who served alongside him. “The board meetings were never very quiet when he was around.”