The Tennis Thread

• Members

Idris Elba is replacing Will in the next Suicide Squad movie. If anything, they should switch roles (even though Idris still isn’t what I think about when I think Richard Williams, he’s got a much broader range than Will.)

I’ve also heard SamJack, Don Cheadle, and Mahershala thrown out there, if they want a name for the role. But this would be great:

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I can’t watch soaps or tennis atm, but I heard Serena/Vika was a barn burner. Vika can be grating with all her shrieking (and her antics, like in the Sloane match in Melbourne years ago, with that BS MTO), but she’s a fighter, and I’ve always appreciated that.

• Members

TC orgasms all over him. It's sickening. Brett Haber moans with passion every time he says his name which is a lot. He is a great player but I am waiting for him to beat Denis which I loathe and others....out of all the Canadians minus Posipisil he is my favorite of the Canadians. But memo to TC....Felix is not American.....sorry.....cant substitute him for the loser men we have.

I had to LOL at TC making statements on how cutting down the lower level tournaments would hurt the US men....you think? It sad they have to rely on challengers to get the ranking up and can tournaments STOP giving Donald Young wildcards.....quit wasting them on him....he sucks.

• Members

I've been watching Felix since his junior days and I don't subscribe to TC so thankfully I've avoided everything that you're talking about.

Why are you waiting for him to beat Denis?  Is he Top 10?  I like a lot of other players but that doesn't take away from what Felix achieved today and I think it would be somewhat disingenuous to take that away from him.  It's fine if you don't like him (because TC likes him?

Please register in order to view this content

) but you can't seriously dismiss the fact that, at 18 he thoroughly dispatched a Top 10 player, Tsitsipas, who has been playing some solid tennis lately.

• Members

Btw....can they fire Brett Haber? Gawd he annoys me to no end....horrible....replace with him with Bill Macatee. 

I loathe it when they pimp players just because they've played some 250 with no name playing. 

Yesterday, Jim Courier was at it again....saying how great Stevie Johnson's backhand was.....really? When? And how great his coach was...really? Has Stevie won something big? They kept going back on how great he was in college....lawd please...