Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That was such a great match to watch and I felt proud seeing Felix get to his first ATP Final, even though I had absolutely nothing to do with his success.

Please register in order to view this content

Cuevas is a very skilled player, especially on clay.  I never thought it was going to be easy and a victory was not a given in my mind but FAA's mentality is getting stronger along with his game and fitness.  It is so much fun to watch him progress.

Not for nothing but I always felt that Felix had the better game between he and Shapovalov. 

I just got the sense early on that Felix has a lot more options to work with while Shapovalov seems to rely on a more risky game strategy.  I kept it to myself because there are a lot of variables in a tennis career, and I dislike making prognostications and predictions about anyone's prospects because to paraphrase the great William Goldman "nobody [truly] knows anything". 

• Members

He’s blooming quickly.

This is an interesting thread:

This is a tricky draw:

BTW, this debate about trans women competing on an equal footing with cis women is going to get UGLY before it’s settled, if it’s ever settled. I knew it would be a third rail in the transgender-rights movement. Martina Navratilova dared to touch it.

• Members

Lawd the pimping begin.....he hasn't beaten anyone of value yet he is declared better than Sascha and Tsitsipas who both have beaten top players.....LOL....whatever.....

So Isner is playing Acapulco? Lawd...he is actually planning on playing 5 straight weeks in a row?  He will have nothing left when he gets to Miami to defend those 1000 points...

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

It wasn't to be for Felix unfortunately but he's in good company as neither Tsitsipas, Zverev or Edmund won their first finals. 

Djere, at 23 likely knew that time was moving quickly for him and he stayed focused throughout the match.  Both players have room for improvement.  Felix, at 18 will get stronger.