The Tennis Thread

• Members

Ha....Miami Open is still pathetic. I don't know if I like this temporary center court every year being built and then taken down for football season. The grandstand looks rather pathetic with what they have shown so far. And where is the rest of the courts? All I could see were the practice courts. Don't tell me they are going to use those? Awful.....and I agree no roof?? 

Bad start for new and supposed improved tourney.....

Edited by Soapsuds

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

One of the courts is named Butch Buchholz Court, there's the Grandstand Court and Stadium Court.  On ESPN3 livestream all the courts are listed.

I think the courts look good on the livestream, not really sure how they play yet because I know various things like temperature and wear on the court can affect the courts over time and I haven't really watched enough matches to hazard much of a guess.

One observation:  it looks like players might be hitting a heavy ball by the way the balls are travelling through the air, perhaps that is also being affected by the conditions?

• Members

I like the sound the ball makes and visual of the grandstand court. Center court has not wow me so far.....the sound of the ball is mute at best.....the seating is odd in the corners as advertisements block the view of fans to watch the match if they have tickets there.....

Edited by Soapsuds