B&B: August 20th

• Members

Risk taking is not uncommon in American TV, but the bosses always want a successful show. One day you have Lost, the other - Chuck, Bionic Woman, Heroes, Battlestar Galactica, Pushing Daisies, Moonlight, Babylon Fields, Journeyman. One sci-fi show, the next season ten of those. So they just rip each other's ideas off - OK, I won't write about the mysterious goings on on a tropical island, I'll write a show about mysterious goings on in ordinary people who become superheroes' lives. It's not the same show, but the genre is always the same. It always incorporates fantasy, it has a similar structure (arcs), it's basically a soap opera etc.

Like in UK - one gritty show (drugs, depression, people on the bottom of the food chain, alcoholism, abuse etc.), dozens of them every year. Same thing. :lol:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If Brad really cared about this HIV Plot, he would have found a way to integrate the characters of Tony, Kristen, and Zende onto the canvas. Yeah, Brad told a story about HIV, but as soon as it was done, he didn't want to deal with the aftermath of the story or with Tony as a character because he couldn't hop around from woman to woman.

The story may have shattered misconceptions about HIV/AIDS, but it didn't really change the characters lives or the canvas. These people still have unprotected sex and no one hardly ever mentions Tony anymore.

Feel free to tell a storyline about social issues...but make it worth my time as a viewer.

• Members

Crippled by flu or whatsoever I didn't manage to post at all last week... Since Tuesday my mood also changed; I was also VERY disappointed how this rape story has been handled. It feels so fake and unrealistic. Where's Brooke's angst/terror, why did she remain so civil with Stephanie and just throw her out in anger???

I must also agree that everything is told way to razy which is saddening and unusual for B&B whilst takling such serious issues. I might have hated the Tony-story because it was insta-thrown in but it had more heart unfortunately.

Finally; I think it was a mistake not to bring Deacon back at this pivotal time...

I guess, it's suffering on a high levl compared with the other soaps because the show is still good but I expected more. :(

Archived