For Soap Fans First!!

Ryan

• Members

Are you tired of the stupid fanbase wars? Are you tired of hearing people talk about how a show sucks because "their" couple, or character isn't featured the way they believe they should? Are you a fan of the show FIRST AND FOREMOST? Then maybe this thread is for you.

I'm a big fan of GH. I love many couples on the show, but I am a GHFF. Same with DAYS, OLTL, AMC and others.

I hope to have banners done to promote the "Show Fans First" alliance. Our motto? Overall show quality over fanbase pleasing please!!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh you know I'm in. I am a OLTLFF. You all know that. Never will you hear me say, "OMG, Tangeline is OLTL, or Crave is OLTL, or T&B is OLTL, because they are not.....OLTL is OLTL. Show before sex, even though sex is good. :) F*** Fanbases, and I mean that in the nicest way possible It's all about then show. I watch 6 0f 9 and I am devoted to the show. I couldnt care less about some couple.

• Members

Oh I am definately in.

Looking at a paticular thread, it reminds me WHY I am sick of all the fanbases. Days in paticular. They have become so fickle and this is why Days is falling apart. It's not even Corday anymore, IT'S THE FANBASES! Goes for all shows! These fanbases, if they don't get their couple, quit watching! THEY ARE WHAT MAKE SOAPS SUFFER! :angry:

• Members

I like this idea. Count me in as well. It seems almost silly that we would have to make this kind of proclamation, but the reality is, we do need to. If you are like me, you've been saying this for years, only to be drowned out by fanbase wars.

• Members

I'm in, too! These fanbase wars are crazy and completely unnecessary. It's time we let the soaps know that there a lot of people who just want good stories instead of a certain character or couple featured all the time. They are very vocal; we should be vocal, too!

• Members

I'm so in! These crazed fan bases are death to daytime. Hey, we should start a fan base 'against crazed fan bases'. j/k It's a complete mystery to me how one can be so caught up by a couple on a fictional tv-show to go overboard like this. I just don't get it.

I watch my shows for the actual show not for any particular couple. Yes, I have my favorites. But that's so so far from being over the top. I'm not a "fan" of Abe a Lexie really. But the scene in my banner got to me and that's why I use this banner. There might be a banner of Kristian Alfonso tomorrow simply because I like her acting, next week perhaps it's Julie Pinson.

• Members

I am in! Ryan I totally agree with you! No matter what I will stand by AMC and GH! I watch those soaps because they keep me entertained and because of the stories. Even though I love Jr/Babe on AMC that does not mean i should not watch AMC. I have watched AMC scince 1994! I hate people that watch a show just so they can watch there favorite charatcer or pairing on! LAME! <_<

Ryan I love that you started this! :D

Archived