For Soap Fans First!!

Ryan

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow. You hate the fans? That's pretty extreme. That's as extreme to me as the people like myself who only watch for a handful of characters and are NOT general soap fans. But then, I always have said I'm not a typical soap viewer. Even when GH was at it's most popular, I only cared about a few of the people on it.

Now, DOOL, even at it's crappiest, I've almost always been able to watch the whole thing without FFWdng a thing. It's partly nostalgia...I was HOOKED on DAYS when in high school during the late eighties. HOOKED, I tell you. I came to love most of those people. There are some that bore me even now, but I don't think I hate a single one.

Unlike GH, where the only characters I really can say I love are most of the Quartermaines. Not all, just most.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Hello new member here. I just had to jump in here and say how much I appreciate this thread. I wholeheartedly agree that these fan bases who campaign, bully and hold a show hostage in order to keep their favorite couple from breaking up really ruins a show. How does anyone know that by allowing a couple or character to run their natural course through the writers pen it might not benefit the character or even the show in general longterm?

By demanding and bullying the writers to keep certain couples together they are isolating those characters from being allowed to interact w/others. Writers have to find creative ways to keep the couple happy and together in order to appease the fan base when breaking them up to allow growth and interaction w/other characters might actually be the way to go.

Just my two cents for what it's worth

Archived