August 6-10, 2007

Toups

• Members

Does anyone know if the .9 in the 18-34 demo for AMC ties a record low or is a new record low??

I agree that there is a lack of balance on AMC but the problem is that they have lost or fired most of their experienced actors or vets. They only have the newer characters left to write for so until that is fixed AMC will continue to struggle, IMHO. I don't see them bringing back any of the characters that they fired though. Maybe they should consider recasting and trying to have more diversity regarding age (especially women) and race.

With Frons and Carruthers still in charge, I don't think AMC will ever improve or change for the better.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm just wondering - especially given the recent ratings that has GL ranked higher than ATWT in the demo's - was there ever an official explanation released as far as why GL's budget was cut and ATWT's wasn't (cut as drastically as GL's)?

Both are filmed in New York - why was GL's budget cut so dramatically, and ATWT's wasn't?

• Members

Thanks Toups! :D I guess the .7 for ATWT in women 18-49 was wrong then. I am glad they didnt dip that low. And what do you know Luke and Noah's hot encounter on Thursday was its highest day of total viewers. :D Thursday's show was also higher than AMC, Days and GL ranking #5. Thursday's higher numbers also helped ATWT be #5 in total viewers for the week! :D Nuke Power!!! :lol::P

• Members

The initial number might've been wrong, but ATWT still ranked dead last in the key 18-49 demos, that's pathetic. Even GL, which suffers from an inconsistent time slot throughout the country, is doing much better in those demos. Damn P&G, they need to do something!

And damn, Y&R didn't fall into the 3.0's once last week. :(

• Members

Well, ATWT has a story with buzz but it's on twice a week so hard to retain any momentum. Even when the kidnapping story has been good one day, it's usually followed by a day of Meg and Craig and Aaron and Sofie having useless conversations.

They probably can't afford it but I wish ATWT would show more characters every day. Characters could be on several days a week but wouldn't have to dominate each episode. Now, whoever you see at the beginning is usually who the whole show is about. It's generally that predictable so if who you like isn't on, you might as well not watch.

Back in the Marland days, you got so many stories in a day. Even if someone wasn't in the first two segments, they might still have a big story that day. Of course back then I can't remember any stories seeming as boring and repetitive as some we have now.

Archived