August 6-10, 2007

Toups

• Members

That is just one of the problems of ATWT. Meg is just so wrong to be running World Wide. It is so stupid. And I am so tired of her being paired with Craig. I want Craig away from Meg. Dear Gawd.....Goutman must not care about ATWT because if he did Jean would have been out long time ago. These numbers for ATWT cant continue. Something must be done NOW!

That is sad that GL has a lower budget yet their demos for this week are higher than ATWT.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And here they are with changes from last week/last year...

(compared to last week/compared to last year)

1. Young and the Restless 4.0 (+.1/-.3)

2. Bold and the Beautiful 2.6 (+.1/-.5)

3. General Hospital 2.5 (same/same)

4. All My Children 2.3 (-.1/-.2)

4. One Life to Live 2.3 (-.1/same)

6. Days of Our Lives 2.2 (+.1/-.4)

7. As the World Turns 2.1 (same/-.4)

8. Guiding Light 1.9 (+.1/-.3)

9. Passions 1.5 (+.1/same)

Women 18-49

1. Young and the Restless 1.8 (same/-.6)

2. General Hospital 1.6 (-.1/-.1)

3. One Life to Live 1.3 (-.2/-.3)

3. Days of Our Lives 1.3 (-.2/-.6)

5. All My Children 1.2 (-.3/-.4)

6. Bold and the Beautiful 1.1 (+.1/-.5)

7. Passions 1.0 (-.1/-.3)

8. Guiding Light 0.9 (-.1/-.3)

9. As the World Turns 0.7 (-.3/-.6)

Women 18-34

1. Days of Our Lives 1.3 (-.2/-.7)

2. General Hospital 1.1 (-.2/-.2)

2. Passions 1.1 (-.1/-.5)

2. Young and the Restless 1.1 (-.1/-.8)

5. One Life to Live 1.0 (-.2/-.3)

6. All My Children 0.9 (-.3/-.4)

6. Guiding Light 0.9 (+.1/-.1)

8. As the World Turns 0.7 (same/-.4)

9. Bold and the Beautiful 0.6 (same/-.5)

• Members

I am a little surprised that Y&R went up considering how negative most online posters seem to be about the show. I haven't watched it for a while so I can't really say anything about it. Good for Days for going up! It would be nice to see them gradually inch their way back up. They could go up to 2.3 and it could be a three way tie for fourth!!!

And I can't really say that I am surprised by AMC falling. I tuned in for the first couple weeks of the crash storyline and I grew bored with it really quickly. I think the actors, except for the new Greenlee, are doing a good job with the material but it isn't compelling enough to keep me watching. How much baby drama has AMC done over the past few years?? I don't want to see another baby storyline for at least three years on that show. Plus, the Ava/Jonathan stuff is just gross to me and I am sick and tired of Fusion. I am so tired of Zendall and the new Greenlee sucks.

I think the new writers for AMC need to start focusing on other storylines and build them up a lot more than what they have. One big umbrella storyline isn't going to carry the show for the next year like they had wanted. I really had hoped they would come in and really mix things up and change a lot of what is going on with the show. How about a rival company for Fusion or the end of Fusion altogether? How about some characters returning like Jake Martin? How about making Kendall interesting again and giving her an edge and personality back???

• Members

Can you imagine if Jean goes and ATWT goes further down the tubes ratings-wise? A year ago when Hogan was hired at Days, a lot of people here predicted that Days would be the #2 soap by Christmas 2006. Of course that never happened and Days lost a lot of its core audience and has yet to full recover.

If the audience has gotten too used to Jean's craptastic writing, a new writing regime with a fresh outlook might alienated more viewers. Audience behavior is quite erratic these days, it would be sad.

Archived