SOW Blind Item

• Members
This East Coast actress has been battling a rare form of cancer, which her PR people asked Weekly and Soap Opera Digest to keep on the down-low for privacy purposes. The mags, of course, acquiesced. Now comes word that the request for privacy was actually to give the PR people time to pitch her ordeal to Oprah!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Waiting for acknowledgment from Oprah seems like a pretty odd way to handle it. Disclosure could help a lot of people cope. If it really is CZP, which I also read unofficially, this issue has affected her for months and Oprah still has a way to go before her new season starts. Weird.

• Members

It's a rumor. About two months ago (just before Paul's last "death") CZP developed a noticeable lisp. It's gone on too long to be attributed to some dental work, and there's been NO talk about it at all in the mags.

If it's true, then the mags sound like asses. It's CZP's business, and she's under no obligation to give them the story first. And even if she did, why do they GAF? ATWT doesn't sell their magazines...at least that's the party line when it comes to covers.

However, I wouldn't put it past P&G's publicists to try and drum up more free press for the show either. I'm not really sure how CZP would expect she has enough recognition to rate a story on Oprah. Oprah's not even a CBS soap fan.

Archived