GL: Week of August 6th

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh I'm with you on that. I just don't get how DK could make a 360 like that, and think that the viewers wouldn't notice it. She goes from hating him and wanting her rapist (Jeffrey) to pay, to totally being obsessed with him and threatening the safety of her nephew's child. It doesn't make any sense to me.

Yeah Jeffrey needs to go, but I'm finally starting to see why everyone is saying that Reva is much more enjoyable these days.

• Members

LOL you guys are too much, but I wouldn't put it past them to do such a thing. They've had a funeral and the Bauer BBQ all on Main Street, it's beyond ridiculous.

So what did everyone think about todays ITL episode? I thought it was good, really enjoyed Lizzie and Billy's interaction. I hope it isn't dropped. However I'm not sure about having Lizzie work at Lewis though.

• Members

I actually watched today, only because I knew it was a Billy ITL. I think it worked better than I thought it would. I don't know how much of the scenes were what actually aired, and how much were recreated. (I get that like Billy swiggin' out of that confiscated flask was "new"...) I just felt so bad for Billy, as Josh laid all the responsibility for all of Josh's commitments on him, and Reva kind of ignored him for all her dramas...and the only one who's really "there" for Billy is Lizzie. (Who is suddenly reminding me of Melinda Sue...)

Definitely Jordan Clarke's emmy submission reel. They might as well hand it to him now.

• Members

Your not the only one who is reminded of Mindy when they see Lizzie. I esp. was getting that vibe when they had her involved in the Jon and Tammy triangle.

Oh yeah todays eppy was definitely a emmy worthy episode for JC. Thats the advantage that I love about these episodes.

• Members

I've been catching bits and pieces over the last couple of weeks. Nothing can really hold my attention all that long, but there is stuff that is promising.

I really do like Lillian and Buzz. I didn't care for Marina and Cyrus crashing their date, but I feel bad for anyone who has been brought on within the last few years. Other than established characters, most of the newbies personalities, goals, jobs, and beliefs seem to change at the drop of a storyline.

I have trouble with Jonathan running off with Sarah considering all complaining he did to Reva about her abandoning him. I know Alan is awful, but Lizzie has a right to see her daughter.

Has anyone brought up that Reva and Olivia are again panting after Bradley Cole's character? I did like seeing Chappell and Zimmer go at it even though the circumstances are a bit absurd. At least bringing Richard into the conversation would help to ground the story in some sense of past actions for these characters.

Jordan Clarke shined Wednesday, but I hate the ITL episodes. It defeats the purpose of soap opera. I want to see a story slowly grow and build, not blossom out of nowhere. If Billy was slowly losing his grip on his sobriety due to pressure at work, I would watch that storyline.

Ashlee annoys me. Something about the way she talks really grates on my nerves. I think John Driscoll is great, it's just a shame that he's been paired in some god awful relationships.

If they do go the Remy/Lizzie route I hope they bring in his parents for the story. Felicia was Lizzie's psychiatrist at one time and Clayton was a good friend of Lizzie's uncle Ross.

The element that I like most about Dinah's storyline is that it allows her to whine about all the mistakes in her life for a good reason. Tognoni does the poor me thing well, but it did get grating after awhile. At least this memory loss material allows her to play to a strength without giving me a headache.

Another positive appears to be that "Guiding Light" has maximized the use of the few vets they have left even if I'm not in love with all of their storylines.

• Members

I've seen every episode this week except Wednesday's (felt like crap that day and forgot to tape all my soaps).

There's a huge difference, though. Reva left Jonathan to an abusive father. Sarah is definitely not being abused under Jonathan's care. And really, who can blame Jonathan here? Alan & Lizzie were responsible for Tammy's death.

"YES" to the first question and "I totally agree!" to the second. Chappell & Zimmer make a great duelling diva duo but I think it's stupid that they're fighting over Jeffrey. I do like Reva a lot more when she's in scenes with Jeffrey but Liv's obsession with the man after hating him for so long is just pathetic.

Wow. I thought I was the only one! There are times when I like her and times when I don't. At this point, I think they need to cut the Coop character loose. They don't seem to know what to do with him. I did enjoy the scenes where Doris, who has been simply awful to her daughter, scolded Ava for talking bad about Ashlee. :lol:

Tognoni's good but highly overrated, IMO. How many times do we have to hear Dinah yelling at anyone who feels pity for her? And you're not the only one who finds the "poor me" routine aggravating after a while.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is Rob Layne's death. Not sure if I wanna buy that yet. I still hope that they'll bring him back someday...I'd love to see how Cassie would react to revisiting that dark time in her life face to face. I've always found Cassie's history very interesting so I'm excited about this new story that's beginning to play out. The way she blanked out after reading Rob's perfection description of the woman she used to be...very interesting. I thought Nicole Forester was very good in those scenes.

Archived