GL: Week of August 6th

• Members

I know I wasn't watching...but how is Lizzie responsible for Tammy's death?

Honestly, I don't care if Lizzie dialed the number for Alan when he called the hitman (or whoever Daisy's boyfriend was.) She still deserves to know her child is alive. And giving Sarah to that rage-a-holic was a huge cop out on the show's part, IMO. GMAFB...Jonathan is suddenly "stable", compared to the Spauldings? Riiiigggghhhhtttt....

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As long as she and Alan were in jail for doing so, I'd agree. Otherwise, no way. Alan murdered someone and has ruined every child he's gotten his hands on. Why should he have another chance? Jon may not be perfect, but he deserves a chance. Alan has had his chances and the results (including Lizzie) are pretty ugly. Lizzie is actually one of my favorite characters, but as long as she lets Alan run her life, she's a danger to her child and anyone who doesn't give her what she wants.

• Members

I am really enjoying the show right now.

Ash telling Coop that his behavior is unacceptable was terrific. I even like Ava, but if you ask me why, I wouldn't be able to give you an answer...

I'm over the moon when Gus/Harley/Nat, et al are OFF my screen.

Josh and Cassie? I always thought the cure for insomnia would come in a bottle or a pill. I was wrong. These two are certainly the cure!

But what really turns me on is Jeffery and Reva. I have a severe case of Jeffeva, and I love it. It has been a very long time since I have loved a couple this much. They are the reason I watch the show. Add Liv to this, and GL has struck gold! This dueling set of divas is more than I could hope for, and it is 90% Kim and Crystal. Lord knows Kreizman didn't contribute much to this...

The difference in this triangle and Cassie/Josh/Reva is that Jeffeva don't need Olivia to be interesting. They are terrific all on their own. On the other hand, Cash needed Reva or you forget they exist.

Jeffeva don't need Olivia, but I am so happy she is a part of this.

Kim and Bradley rock together and Kim and Crystal are just magical as dueling divas.

And WHEN Kreizman screws this up, the talent of the 3 will carry it through. That does not happen often.

I know Ellen Wheeler is kicking herself because I doubt she expected this to work out so well.

ANDREAl

• Members

And I would rather see Lizzie struggle (and succeed) to keep Alan out of her and Sarah's life. (The ONLY ally Lizzie would need for that is Reva.) Not grieve for a child that wasn't dead. Any way you cut it, it's cruel of Jon and Reva to do that to her.

• Members

Both Reva and Jonathan made a choice to give their child away to protect the child from the other parents relations. Reva was unaware of Alfred's abuse. Jonathan was emotionally abusive when things weren't going his way and I'd fear for that child if I were Reva. Raising a child on your own is highly stressful and Jonathan doesn't handle stress well.

Neither Jonathan nor Lizzie are perfect people, but I believe the situation is more balanced than people make it out to be.

I don't understand why Wheeler resigned him. The actor's rabid fanbase has dwindled and the character has served very little story purpose. Unfortunately, I fear they keep him around out of recognition. Over half the cast has been hired within the last three years.

Honestly, most of the characters that have been added during Kriezman's time have been fairly void of any personality. Driscoll has shown his acting ability and should be positioned as the show's younger romantic lead now that Tom Pelphrey has departed the series.

Dinah overall doesn't fit into the canvas as it currently stands. The show is dominated by the Spaulding-Cooper dynamic with bits and pieces of other stories. Her relationship with Mallet keeps her fairly isolated from the rest of the show.

• Members

Karma's a bitch. Tammy annoyed me and I would have much rather seen Jon with Lizzie, but Lizzie has cause plenty of pain and heartache to other people. What did she think was going to happen to Jon when she set him up in the middle of nowhere? She didn't care. Now I don't care that much that she's in pain. She's bound to find out the truth eventually.

• Members

Like Julia mentioned earlier, the fact alone that Alan has damaged/nearly ruined the life of practically every child he has ever been a part of is reason enough for why Jonathan is right to keep Sarah away from the Spauldings.

Jonathan does have major issues dealing with stress but he's never struck me as the kind of person who would take it out on a child giving his own experiences with Alfred. He's always lashed out at adults but never at children...of course, unless you count Lizzie as a child. :rolleyes:

There have been times I've liked Lizzie but the girl has been one selfish bitch. When Tammy was dying, she had the nerve to think that she still had a chance with Jonathan. She's never truly shown that she would put her own child's happiness ahead of her own.

Archived