Y&R Discussion: Week of August 6th

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Having the Y&R ratings go down would not be bad for everyone. Y&R has fallen from averaging a 4.5 to a 4.0 each week. The quality of the show is not where it used to be and this current level is atrocious.

LML goes through stunt after stunt. Plot after plot. Dropped storylines on a monthly basis, then picks them up out of the blue when she finally remembers that she dropped them. The show is a complete mess and there needs to be a writing change.

This is not the Y&R that I grew up watching. This is a primetime writer's attempt to put her own stamp on a very popular shows history and be "legendary" in her own right and it's not working. We've lost great actors since her arrival onto the scene.

You cannot come on to a show, fire some of your most popular actors, get rid of the things that made the show stand out from the rest, fire longtime members of the writing, producing and directing team, and expect the show to still be good. This is a show that families have watched together for years. Y&R was one of the ONLY soaps that didn't go through weird writing team changes every 3 or 4 years and they were better because of it.

Now, you've got a hack head writer/executive producter with way too much power and is slowly killing the #1 soap. McTavish had over 3 years to destroy AMC, Higley had 2 years. McTavish has done it in a little over a year.

I pray that more actors walk and/or don't renew their contracts.

• Members

Call me crazy or a masochist or whatsoever: On Sunday I actually dared to watch Y&R again.

Or better, I tried. I've seen Phyllis speaking about her fabulous raunchy sex and videogame relationship with Nick and the Jill & Ji-Min-episode when my girl accepted the lovely Ji-Mins proposal

Bu boy, this was too painful to put in words. Cat summed it up really well.

The dialogue is so awful. It's pure sh*t. LML's stories might be crap deluxe but what reaches the screen is an even further insult to anyone with some brains at all. It's just dumb, stupid, dense, idiotic etc.

The actors are either horrendous (hello Logan, hello Pronbrosia's "friends") or horrendously bored and give nothing or can't overcome the hideous lines they're given.

Needless to say that nothing makes sense in this sh*tful drivel drivel. I really wanted to smack my head against the wall so that I don't have to see and hear this garbage anymore. Then, I realized that I have the FF-botton and even the possibility to turn off the TV again. 2 episodes in 10 minutes and I was still disgusted by what I saw.

It is really not worth to be on TV and I gratiously award it worst show on TV. Even this reality nonsense has more intellect, more logic, more suspense and more credibility than those piss-poor excrements LML is delivering as Y&R as headwriter and executive producer.

It's unbelievable what CBS lets her get away with and its even more unbelievable that still more than 5 million people watch this everyday. It shows sth. about the human race of our time and it ain't good.

Thankfully I'm off to Munich for the next week and will have absolutely no reminder of this show which I once religiously followed and very much loved. :)

• Members

Have fun in Munich, sheilaforever! I was there in May. It was so beautiful, with its terracotta-colored buildings and airy beer gardens.

And I can only hope that, upon your return, CBS will have replaced LML with Kay Alden or Jack Smith or somebody from the writing staff that William J. Bell built.

• Members

I can't believe it. A Tale Of Two Shows.

Days Of Our Lives is now getting to where Y&R used to be. The dialogue is crisp, the acting has picked up since Hogan Sheffer took over, and the general overall feel of that show is one where you can tell that they majority of the perfomers are enjoying themselves again.

Meanwhile, back at the Newman Ranch, Y&R looks like the Poseidon after the wave hit. Capsized, floating upside down, and sinking fast. I mean Damn! How can one of television's finest become the horrible dreck it is now? I watched last friday's episode, the first one I've seen in one month, and still see why I gave that show up. Who truly gives a damn about what happens to Amber?! Jill and Gloria have a confrontation that last what, ten seconds? Kevin still wants to be with a woman who locked him up in a freezer and tried to kill him?! Phyllis going on about her love for Nick, a man with two year memory loss......I mean, this [!@#$%^&*] would make a goat wretch.

LML doesn't have one clue what the hell she's doing. ES and others have rightfully gotten off the ship before it sinks to the bottom. How BB doesn't see this is beyond me. LML was given complete control of this show, and it has crashed. I truly want to know what it will take to fire this woman? She writes for her favorites, to hell with the rest, and doesn't even listen to the fans.

Oh well. Guess it's time to watch The Poseidon Adventure. It's the same thing as watching Y&R, isn't it?

• Members

I think if the ratings for Y&R goes down then the other CBS shows will not go up. They will either stay the same or decrease. Y&R like this right now is terrible. Its horrible!!! If the quaility of Y&R goes down then so does the other CBS soaps!

• Members

UGH, I don't even watch anymore. Every time I catch a few seconds of an episode, I feel as if my brain cells are dying one by one. Saying Latham insults the viewers intelligence would be an understatement at this point....

I'll only watch again if David Shaughnessy returns as Executive Producer and Kay Alden returns as Head Writer, until then, so long....

BTW, does Shaughnessy still occasionally direct for B&B? Y&R truly went downhill once he left... Time to lure him back, Y&R!

Oh and guys, remember that writing campaign? :D

Archived