Y&R Discussion: Week of August 6th

• Members

Totally forgot to add:

"Cane" better is a con artist because dude is no way Jess Walton's son. This StupidAustralianSonImport is one of THE most awful actors I've seen in recent years on soaps and TV in general.

He's AWFUL and he actually got worse since I stopped watching the first week of June.

BTW: What's up with Pronbrosia being kidnapped? Let me guess, "Cane" is behind this? Could they both simply implode and take LML and her thespians with her, pleeeeeease!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL, the Persian tidbit is cool. I don't doubt Emily O'Brien is from England. But she sounds like she's exaggerated her accent to My Fair Lady proportions. "Ooo, I'm from England, I am, guv'nor. Eliza Doolittle's me name! The RAIIIIIIN in SPAIIIIIIN Stays MAIIIIIIN-ly on the PLAIIIIIIN!" :rolleyes:

• Members

What's even more ridiculous is LML promised Jeanne Cooper a huge storyline, after Cooper complained in the press about her screen time, yet that has not happened. Katharine isn't driving any story at all.

Cooper needs to bitch to the press about LML's incompetence and the decline in the overall quality of the show. I'm pretty sure she's perhaps the only one those idiots at CBS and Sony will listen to.

• Members

Wow its going to be hard to post here with all the hate. There are some things about the show I loving. I cant help it I like the three stooges because they are stupid but entertaining. Yes Amber is annoying and will be happy when she is gone but I can tolerate her when around Kevin and Daniel.

I thought yesturday acting by Cristian and Micheal was great. Its a long time since we have had tha kind calibur acting.

As for the Nu Colleen. I dont know my only problem is the accent. We do have Aussie actors that pull off great American acent, Hugh Laurie and the guy who plays Kevin on Brothes and Sisters who happens to be Irish so maybe with some more help she will get the accent right. I dont like what they did to AL and thought it was cruel and when she finally gets a good storyline involving Kevin BAM she is pulled and that stinks.

I am a Phick Fan and I dont hide it but right now I want Nick as far from Phyllis as he can get. If he wants Sharon free Phyllis for me. I personally want her to move off the ranch, take an apartment with Summer and Daniel and concentrate on gettting her life back.

I will say this Y&R will never the be calibur Bill Bell had it and lets be honest about it. I dont know what LML is doing and for some strange reason CBS trust her and if even the numbers go down they probably wont get rid of her so we are stuck. You have to take the good with the bad but until she learns you cant always have plot driven storyline but good old fashion story telling she wont learn and it does not help that all the actors love her and support her. I think personally she needs to take a whole weekend and freshon up on Y&R history and truely learn it and stop trying to rewrite it.

• Members

I guess we should look at the positive side when it comes to Latham. She usually doesn't stick around very long on shows she's worked on, barring Knots Landing. Hell, her stint on KL was 3 years, which is long, but not extremely long.

Her head writing stint on PC lasted only 18 months, then she left. She didn't stick around very long on Wild Card or The Division either, both shows she wrote and produced for.

What I'm saying is, if her track record holds true, she might very well vacate her head writing and producing role on Y&R in the next one and a half year or so. Then we can all throw a parade and declare a national holiday. :)

• Members

Jesus Christ! I can't stand to watch another year and a half of LML's Y&R. And the way the show is going now, who's to say there will even still be a Y&R. if this show gets anymore in the crapper, it's gonna be in the septic tank.

Archived