Y&R Discussion: Week of August 6th

• Members

I hate the new Colleen. I will never accept her as my Colleen. Adrianne worked her ass off to make that role her own and she did a great job. Adrianne should never have been fired and replaced with this Tammin chick. It's insulting and just proves that LML and the Y&R casting director have very little experience choosing actors.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I found this old write-up of David Shaugnessy and it's amazing how he subtly tried new things with the show, yet wouldn't go against what made the show so special. If only Latham was as good as one of her predecessors. :rolleyes:

David Shaugnessy is the successor to the executive producer job after Edward Scott parted ways with the show several years back. As part of his busy job, David is in charge of watching the scenes being taped, and handling any problems that arise with the actors while taping. David finds himself involved in many meetings and phone calls, and conferences with the show's writers. He also reads scripts and reviews the edited videotapes of upcoming shows. When he took over the job of executive producer, Shaugnessy has made some subtle changes, but was careful not to change the powerful dynamics which keep the show at #1. Shaugnessy has his roots as a former stage and theater actor in his native England. David's brother, Charles Shaugnessy, who is also an actor, was the star of the comedy "The Nanny". David was lucky enough to be mentored by many great soap producers, and apprenticed with Ed Scott at Y&R, eventually becoming Scott's number-two man. It all began as pure coincidence, when David was invited to a Y&R party, where he met all those in charge at the show, and his job just seemed to click into place. "It was just one of those weird things, I suppose, of being in the right place at the right time -- a Hollywood story. Sometimes it really happens that way."

• Members

I'm 16 minutes into the first full Y&R episode I've watched since I learned AL was going to be fired. I hate....hate...HATE nuColleen. Her chemistry is off with EVERYONE. The whole Kevin/Colleen pairing I was going for? UH UH, no more! They suck. God I hate this show.....

• Members

Speaking of accents, any reason why Jana always sounds like an extra from "Mary Poppins"? I know she's meant to be British, but c'mon! Nobody in Britain speaks that way! She makes Dick van Dyke's accent look authentic.

• Members

And unfortunately thats not saying much. The only good part about B&B is Stephanie and the Logans. Everything else is a hot mess as well. I think thats why the ratings for B&b have slipped recently. Here's to more Luke and Noah on ATWT. The only thing to look forward to.

Archived