AMC: Wait just a minute!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I totally agree Always! Its so true. During December-April we saw major changes! Many of the changes were because of Alden! It totally made a 180 degree change!

After the Greg storyline many things were changed! Balance were better and the storyliesn were better.

• Members

While December-January was still clearly McT influenced material, lets not kid ourselves here, I did feel the show changed slightly. Certainly not as much as it did in April as R alluded too but I felt a change. The overall storylines were still terrible, but we had conversations that actually seemed realistic.... between the characters. I distinctly remember a Ryan and Jonathan scene following Erin's death that seemed to real..... that actually made you feel sorry for them and were like oh my god how awful for this to happen to them. I don't know what Alden was doing, if all she was doing was editing scripts... than I'd say that was an Alden influenced thing.

The show quickly however went to hell again towards the end of January.... the week Krystal revealed all to Adam is when I first started to notice a slight shift, and week after week it became more evident. The weeks that ensued were obviously chalk full of McT rewrites and I am convinced that was all Alden.

• Members

That was the January 8 episode that made me notice Joanna Cohen (the one Andy referred to in his argument). The woman writes eloquent speeches and the Ryan speech about grieving for Erin was one of them, another of her stand outs were the beautiful speeches delievered by Kendall and Zach during the climax of the Satin Slayer in the beginning of March.

Anyway, sixteen arguments going on at once :P so, back to the current one.

I think what happened with Megan's December work was what usually happens with her -- SHE GOT LUCKY. That's all. It was "balanced" and featured more characters only because the Budget Cut Killer Satin Slayer was attacking/killing off everybody. The vise became a deceptive virtue. It wasn't intentional, nor do I believe she was stepping her game up. Because, as you said Adam, it was all shot to hell in a matter of weeks.

Oh -- and Beall Sucks Ass! (Random ALB Hate moment... Carry on.)

• Members

I have no clue where I stand with Beall--but I agree. McT (and I know I'm gonna regret sayign this) has done, in ALL her tenures some really great, briefer and briefer little periods and some absoluytely stunning individual episodes (which is one reason her periods at soaps usually get Emmy noms...) I didn't really feel Dec/Jan was any more out of the norm than her usual par for course--except maybe that the late Fall had been SOO wretched and empty of direction that anything would be an improvement... (In the late Fall there were many posters on here wondering if McT was even still around because while the show was awful it didn't even reek of her normal probs)

E

• Members

Well, first of all, that's not fair. That was because of that rumor last summer that she and Jeff Beldner were being promoted to interim head writers and Megan had been fired. So after a horrible Spring 2006 of McTavish, ANYTHING would've been a welcomed relief. So, thinking that the rumor was true, I wanted it.

But then, the rumor proved to be just that. A rumor. So that was the end of that.

As for what changed, I noticed she was pushing the same agenda Megan was pushing.

But enough about this. You'll read more about it in my latest blog entry. :P

Archived