Edge of Night

• Members

So far I've watched up to show #6155 (they seem to be adding about 3 per week).

During the original run, I only saw about the last 3 years so these started about 2 years earlier.

I still think Draper and April are boring (and if I have to hear about that freakin' NY job offer any more, I'll scream, lol)...and I'm really tired of Nola. I do like the police stuff and I was kind of hoping for a little more between Deborah and Owen. Say, anybody know why Sharon Gabet was off the show for about 6 months during this time? I miss Raven. And why Mandel Kramer (Bill Marceau) left?

I can't wait for Larkin Malloy to show up. ;)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sometimes I watch them right there online, sometimes I download the episodes. It usually tells you if there's a problem or your system is incompatible somehow.

Nothing against Kim Hunter, I'm just really tired of the Madisons, movie, Nola stuff, she's on almost every episode I've seen so far. Same as what happens on soaps any time certain characters are on so much, you either love them or you're tired of them. I wasn't much interested in the rest of her family til almost the end of their run.

I didn't watch the original broadcast until some time after the episodes that are on now, so when I first started watching the videos, I realized how many of the characters I hadn't seen before that weren't even going to be around a year or two later and replaced by characters that aren't even on yet.

• Members

There`s always any kind of problem when i try to watch it, strange anyhow.!!!!!!!. The eps is from 80-81 right?, in that case actress Catherine Bruno should soon come on as Nora Madison if i am not wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????..................?

• Members

Wasn't Catherine Bruno the maniacal Nora Fulton? I don't think any of the Madisons were left at all when I originally watched, nor were Steve, Deborah, and a few others. The characters that I remember that aren't on these episodes yet are Sky, Jodi, Gavin, Kelly, Gunther, etc.

• Members

I have seen this past week also, these are the first full episodes of the series that I have ever seen and I really am enjoying it. It really seems to be a fun show, especially when the suspense builds up. I also happened to realize that the actor who played the mugger in the park (Sam McMurray) is also the guy that played Chandler's boss on Friends.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

As alittle kid, I remember seeing EON when my mom was watching. It was totally different from other soaps because of the "mystery/thriller" aspect. I was watching during the great Stephanie Martin murder mystery, when Nicole Travis was accused of murdering her. Adam Drake came to her rescue. Great characters were Mike and Nancy Karr, Cookie Capice, Bill and Martha Marceau and Orrin Hillyer.

• Members

That happened to me and I contacted customer support. I can't say specifically what it is, but it is some combination of a firewall, pop up blocker and your settings on windows media player. I fiddle around with it and then for some reason it starts working eventually. Upon reboot the problem returns and have to spend a while trying various things.

Edge of Night is the best soap I am currently watching. I am up to 6151 and Kim Hunter as Nola is brilliant. And I love creepy Margo and evil Elliot. It's so fascinating to watch this show because every episode practically has that Edge mood to it and you never know if the thing you are watching will be important or not later on. Elliot was doing stuff 100 episodes previous and its only now it's starting to come together with Nola. And Margo and Draper, they're stuff was "months" ago and its first now starting to heat up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1at5UtKMyWI

Brilliant show, I wish it was on soapnet.

Archived