GH: Monday

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I find no use for Amelia or Sonny's new love interest. They both bore me and I don't give a damn about either of their sob stories. I wish they would both just leave the show.

This show has the most annoying and unlikeable characters. I find myself nearly hating most of the cast. Elizabeth and Carly need to both be taken down several notches. I want them both to lose everything because I am beyond tired of their self-righteous tirades. Jason deserves to rot in prision and Jax, Sam and Lucky all deserve better. I can't even express how I want Sonny out of Port Charles.

Their were very little entertaining scenes today. The Anna/Robin/Patrick stuff was beyond insipid and ridiculous.

Leslie Lu Spencer is the only good thing on today's show.

• Members

Megan Ward is doing such a great job as Kate. She does a great job of portraying the various layers of the complex Kate Howard. I have gone from really disliking her (in the beginning) to feeling kind of sad for her. It's easy for people to say that she should just tell the truth about who she is, but in a society where people are so judgmental and pretentious, they would blast her for how she grew up.

I really enjoy the scenes between her and Maurice. The two of them are really cute together. The chemistry between them doesn't EXPLODE, but it's subtle. You can feel the connection between the two of them and you can see that Mo enjoys working with her.

Carly is really annoying the hell out of me. And she's going to annoy me a hell of a lot more this week after:

Today was the first day that I've even remotely thought that baby Jake could be cute. The scenes w/ him, Lucky, Cameron and Liz were very cute. I can't wait to see the new kid though.

I still hate Liz (I adore Becky). I really wish bad things upon her.

The SCRUBS stuff was fluff and nonsense. I mean it's kinda cute, but really just fluff.

• Members

To me Kate just seems like a stuck up socialite who is more then a little full of herself. She annoyed me ever since she started harping Sonny about replacing her lawn ornament. To me she is one of the more annoying new character's. Only slightly more annoying then Amelia. I personally don't see much layers in her then her being so career oriented and so desperate to keep it that way because she literally chose not to have a life but to have a career.

That's one of the things that disgusts me about her. The fact that she is so ashamed about where she came from and the fact that she called her mother a cleaning lady just to keep up apperances not only angers me but seriously makes me feel even less for her. All for her job. It makes me see her as shallow and and cold then sympathetic. To me when she said her mother was "the cleaning lady" she just became one of those judgemental people she was angry at in the first place.

• Members

Wow, IDA, bc Kate is one of the best things about this show. I think GH has hit gold with its newbies. They are helping to drive the show for me. Kate is the best of the bunch and she makes Sonny watchable

LMAO at Sam. I think she has perfected the "It's my house" line that is Monica's trademark

• Members

I love Megan Ward as Kate too. Her scenes with Maurice make them watchable! She's really doing great and I really enjoy Kate. Props to the casting directors for the past couple months at GH, everyone new they have casted has been awesome.

Sam and Carly were hilarious. Sam: Get out of my house! Carly: It's Jason's house. LMAO

Carly sure does work overtime to get around to everyone and make her opinions known. How many people has she gotten to in these past episodes? Go away Carly. No one cares about you!

• Administrator

I love Megan and I love Kate more and more as we learned a little bit more about Connie Falconeri. Yeah of course calling her mom the cleaning lady was cold, but you could tell that it hurted her. Megan was good in that scene. Oh and what about, "I'm alone......I'm alone too." Then Sonny leans in to kiss Kate only to be interupted by Max!

It's character driven scenes and stories like this that makes good soap opera.

• Members

Monday's episode was actually OK. I sat and watched the whole thing! Mainly because the actor who plays Logan wowed me with his wonderfully buff chest. Shades of Brenda nursing Sonny back to health?

The Anna/Noah stuff was painfully unfunny. I felt so bad for Finola Hughes struggling to find anything reddeemable in that dismal script. The "ho, ho, ho, so funny!" music playing in the background made it all worse. Poor Rick Springfield just about lost the will to speak in his scenes.

I liked Sonny & Kate. Mo actually looks alive as opposed to the usual walking-dead thing he does. Megan Ward's haircut is so fierce, it fascinates me. If TPTB were not waving the whole Brenda Barrett thing around, I could really go for Skate

I thought LW's acting has improved over the past few months. But DEAR GOD. Does her entitled ass and foghorn voice have to be in every scene?! When she told Sam to get her "freeloading butt" out of the apartment, my jaw hit the floor. What do you call somebody who slept her way into ownership of the Metro Court?

• Members

^ Who? :lol:

Kiko_Ellsworth_12.jpg

Oh, you mean Mr. Humungous Forehead? The man who stole Drake Hogestyn's amazing acting eyebrow?

Personally speaking, I'm not too bothered with the newbies. Physically, the dude who plays Logan is a GREAT find as Scotty's son. And a Baldwin romancing a Spencer? It's almost like history coming full circle.

As for the "grown-up" newbies, I'm still trying to adjust to Amelia. The actress is good but I cannot see much longevity for the character, to be honest. And Sebastian Roche can be debonair but making him Jerry Jacks was a rewrite too far.

I'd like Kate more if she wasn't such a blatant rip-off of Anna WintourMeryl Streep's Devil Wears Prada character. Can Guza not write one original thing? Everything right down to Nightshift is a rip-off of somebody else's TV show or movie. And if Vanessa Marcil ever returns to GH, you know Kate will probably be given the big heave-ho at the hands of Death in some Sweeps stunt.

Archived