Primetime Soaps

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

My immediate reaction was that the cast looks so old for a story about Malibu.  Although the town is definitely for those who have advanced in a career and made money, one tends to associate it with youth and vibrancy.  Upon further investigation, it was mostly the male cast that was older.  James Coburn was 57, William Atherton was 36, and Chad Everett was 46 (no age known for his wig).  Meanwhile, Jenilee Harrison was 25 and Susan Dey was 31. 

Lots of Hollywood Wives cast overlap.

Fun fact, it also starred a young Brad Maule, one year before his debut on GH.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Reading the synopsis it comes off as a very Knots, or rather No Down Payment with a couple moving into a neighbourhood and then the tensions go from there. I wonder if there was any chance of this going to series if it had been successful?

If it had been done in the 90s you know the oldest one in the cast would've been like 35 lol.

• Members

Multiple attempts for a soap set in Malibu ie 2000 Malibu Rd, Hotel Malibu, Malibu Shores etc occurred in the 90s but they all just failed to takeoff.

I was thinking it sounded similar to Knots.

Maybe it’s just me but I can’t picture Atherton as a leading man here, mainly because of his goofy/obnoxious villain roles in a lot of movies he did afterwards.

The whole thing is up on YouTube, but like I said I couldn’t make it pass the ridiculous opening credits and song

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Malibu Pt 1 was up against the premiere of The A Team Sunday @9.

The A Team was 5th 23.0/35 while Malibu had to settle for 18.9/29 ,ranking in the mid 20's.

The next night Malibu improved to 13th  21.0/31.