Paris Hilton already released from Jail

winterguy125

• Members

The part that I bolded is a huge problem. It's the fact that most people (read: the majority) are too damn scared to dig deeper, so any time someone brings it to the surface they'd rather keep it buried. It'd be too hard for them to fathom that there are other workings at play.

She was released because she's white and rich. As I've said before, you can't isolate race/class/gender/etc. They ALL play out simultaneously.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, if that was solely the case, she wouldn't be using racial slurs, would she? She may be dumb in a lot of things, but I'm sure she's well aware that being pretty, rich, and white will get her a lot of advantages.

• Members

Danni, we will just have to agree to disagree because I don't think in this one instance with Paris has anything to do with race. If anyone was rich as Paris and her family no matter if they were black, asian, or whatever they would be getting the same exact treatment Paris is currently getting.

• Members

I am going to be honest, real honest here. I have used racial slurs towards all races and have called other whites, white trash if need be. But I have never thought I was better than any one race and I hope I never do. Have I ever thought I was better than one particular person, hell yeah I have. But just because I have thought that doesn't make me feel better than that person's entire race. I base each person on themsleves, not their color.

• Members

I'm sure if you keep telling yourself that, it'll be true. Too bad it's not. Tell that to wealthy POC who have been stopped by police for being under the assumption that in order to have that pricey car, they must've stolen or deal drugs to pay it.

• Members

I know that you have used racial slurs. You've made absolutely no secret of that, so that's not news to me. I called you a racist then, and I still think you are one now. The fact that you would use racial slurs indicates to me that you absolutely do not base people solely on themselves. If you did, you wouldn't even fathom using racial slurs.

Paris is no different. She's a racist too, and her sense of entitlement would be so amusing if it wasn't for the fact that people sympathize with that entitlement.

• Members

Ok, now I am highly agitated.

The fact that you just said this, Danni, makes me wonder this particular question. First off, I don't like the fact you just called Kirk out to be a racist, if he is, he sure as hell wouldn't be talking to me! But to say the fact he uses racial slurs and doesn't think of the person solely on themselves...need I say that rappers do the EXACT same thing to their own race...so that basically means they are racist to their own kind. I HATE, I HATE the *N* word, and rappers use it...are they racist to their own? I am more offended by your words, Danni, than by what Kirk has said.

I absolutely have NO IDEA why this topic moved from Paris going back to jail to calling posters out to be racists. PLEASE stay on the topic at hand.

• Members

So by me using racial slurs I am automatically a racist. I probably say white trash more than anything, so I guess that makes me a racist towards my own race. What kind of logic is that? There is no way Danni that you have never once said a racial slur or never thought of using one. I think that is impossible, but please do tell me otherwise.

If I were a racist would I have voted for a Black governer, even though I had a choice in voting for a white one? That one question should say it all. I just don't understand how you would think I am a racist based on a few things I have said here. If some idiot is acting like a nigger I am the type to speak up and say so. Just because I use the word doesn't mean I hate or think I am better than blacks. I am sorry but I am not going to be censored or be PC. That's not me. With your logic most blacks I know say nigga or nigger constantly. Are they racist because of that, I don't think so. I have called people white trash many times, but that doesn't mean I hate whites as a whole. I just can't fathom your logic on racism. As I have said I look at each individual, not the color of their skin. I don't care if you believe that or not because you obviously don't know me.

• Members

Everyone needs to calm the hell down like...RIGHT NOW. If you can't engage in civilized debates then yes, threads will be closed. And when they are, I don't want to hear anyone bitch about censorship and whatnot. It's painfully obvious that topics like these will get heated, but there's no need to cross the line.

You need to watch the language you use on SON.....

• Members

Agreed. Money trumps all -- even race. If you're a black celebrity and can afford to pay people off, chances are you're going to be let off the hook just as quickly as a white celebrity.

The black vs. white thing really only applies when money isn't part of the equation. That's when the black folks are treated more severely, I think.

JMO, of course.

• Members

Personally, I never use "the N word," but I think sometimes the way it should be taken depends on the context of the statement. If someone is just being sarcastic, it's more forgiveable than if they say it in a serious, hurtful tone.

For example, I have many straight friends who sarcastically fall me a fag -- even on this board. It's no different than me being sarcastic and calling them a muff-diver and whatnot. However, if one of them were actually angry at me and said it in a hateful tone, it would immediately go from being a lighthearted sarcastic statement to something seriously offensive.

I've had people angry at me who've called me a faggot, and yet I still don't believe they're homophobic. Why? They didn't call me a faggot because they really thought that homosexuality was something to be ashamed of -- they just said it because they were angry and they knew that it would piss me off if they said it. They didn't mean it... they just wanted to push my button in a heated moment. We all say things that we don't mean from time to time, for various reasons.

So, yes... I think it's an overstatement to say that everyone's a racist or a homophobe just for using the words, because context and intention plays a big part in how the word is to be taken, IMO. Might they be an !@#$%^&*] with a big mouth? Yes. But an actual racist/homophobe? Not always.

Of course, it'd be better off if everyone just refrained from using the words in the first place, but that will never happen.

• Members

Yes, I think you are a racist. The fact that you voted for a black governor doesn't mean [!@#$%^&*] to me as long as you continue to use a slur that degrades him on the based of the color of his skin. Tell me, Kirk. How does one act like the N-word? How does one act like a RACIAL slur intended to degrade and disparage black people? You know that you do it specifically to hurt. If you considered a POC an !@#$%^&*], call them an !@#$%^&*]. The fact that you would rather use slurs to hurt shows your racism. Can any POC control the color of their skin? NO. So what is your rationale to use it if it isn't with racist intent?

Archived