Paris Hilton already released from Jail

winterguy125

• Members

I heard this on FOX News....many reporters. Paris screaming "It's not fair. Mom!", was actually made when she went to hug her mother and the police wouldn't let her, so she was saying it wasn't fair they would not allow her to hug her mother instead of screaming about her sentence. She had already decided that she would have to go back to jail. Also, for every day of jail time, she will be making mega bucks on the books she will write, the publicity she will receive and her legacy will be more money than any of us ever dreamed of dreaming to have. This will make the girl who earned more than 7 and a half million herself last year to become a mega millionaire if not billionaire in her own right. She has to be loving this. Her future is gold.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thats what my whole entire posts states Kenny, that why are some making this out to be about color. I meant to put rich, I don't know why I put white. I think it's because I am tired of hearing that it IS because she is white. Money talks and like you said Kenny it all has to do with money. That's why athlete's and celebs get out of jail so easily because of loads of cash.

• Members

Race, class, gender, sexual orientation, etc. matter. It ALL [!@#$%^&*] matters when this country was built on propping up one specific group of people at the expense of others, and for anyone to even think otherwise is a damn fool. The fact of the matter is that Paris was isolated from the general population, and she was treated like a special fragile flower because she's rich and white. Lil Kim spent 366 days in prison, and I highly doubt she had special privileges that Paris feels that she's entitled to have. I doubt she would've left prison if she complained about the prison food or the fact that her cell is cold.

The goddamn [!@#$%^&*] nerve of people...

• Members

Here's more on the Sheriff to the Stars from the NY Daily News...

Sheriff has reality all of his own

Los Angeles County sheriff could have reality show potential

BY MICHAEL DALY

DAILY NEWS COLUMNIST

Sunday, June 10th 2007, 4:00 AM

The Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca is making his department available for five reality TV shows.

That's right, five.

But only a New York newspaper guy would suggest Baca's decision to free the pouty princess of reality TV from his jail was influenced by his involvement in the recently premiered "The Academy" as well as the upcoming "L.A. Homicide," "The Assignment," "The Real CSI" and "Sheriff's Stories."

A Los Angeles TV guy would see a fabulous opportunity to produce a sixth show: "Sheriff to the Stars." The central figure would be the lawman who became a champion of celebrity rights when he freed Paris Hilton just three days into her 45-day sentence.

"My message to those who don't like celebrities is that punishing celebrities more than the average American is not justice," Baca declared.

The financial arrangement for "Sheriff to the Stars" could be the same as with "Sheriff's Stories," where the producers pledge to pay the county 22% of their profits.

Of course, the producer might be expected to give Baca the occasional gift. He has accepted some $45,000 in freebies on top of his $285,000 salary, employing celebrity-esque logic to excuse himself from the departmental prohibition against gratuities of any kind.

"They think I need to gain weight with all the food," he told the Los Angeles Times. "They think that I'm stressed out. 'You need to golf.'"

Baca has golfed on the arm with Michael Douglas as well as the aptly named Dr. Gary Alter, a sex-change surgeon who stars in the reality show "Dr. 90210." Baca and Alter could break new ground in reality TV by having a round appear in both "Dr. 90210" and "Sheriff to the Stars."

Other episodes could feature Baca renewing the pistol permits he issued to Sylvester Stallone and Ben Affleck. Baca could reminisce about the Mel Gibson controversy, when a deputy was pressured to excise the actor's anti-Semitic remarks from an arrest report. The cameras could follow Baca as he toadies at the Academy Awards and the Golden Globes.

Sadly, "Sheriff to the Stars" could not go into production before Hilton finishes the sentence the incensed judge ordered her back to jail to serve. But, Baca's deputies include a woman at least as beautiful and photogenic as the heiress.

Deputy Anel Manriquez is nicknamed "Jo-Lo" in the county jail due to her resemblance to Jennifer Lopez. She is also a member of the department boxing team, which could make great TV.

One drawback is her association with the case of a 43-year-old car mechanic who was arrested for drunken driving in 2002. Ramon Gavira was processed at the same Inmate Reception Center where Hilton surrendered last week on charges related to drunken driving.

The jail staff noted that the father of five suffered from diabetes, depression and alcohol withdrawal. Gavira also complained of hearing voices and having suicidal thoughts, but he received no special care as he sobbed and begged to go home, much as the heiress would.

"You could see him crying, confused, lost," an inmate said in court papers.

Two inmates would say under oath they saw "Jo-Lo" beat and mock Gavira during the five days before he pleaded guilty. He was given 11 days but the sheriff's office decided he had done enough time. He was awaiting release when an inmate heard a female officer's voice.

"I heard her say, 'You're never going home,'" the inmate would recall. "She kept telling him that, and she walked away, laughing."

By the time the release order arrived Gavira had been found hanging from a bedsheet. He was battered from head to toe. He had a half dozen broken ribs, and a broken collarbone, as well as a neck fracture more typical of strangling than hanging.

But, the subsequent investigation ruled Gavira a suicide. Manriquez vehemently denied the allegations against her, which were officially deemed "unfounded."

Maybe the producers could get around that little thing with the dead mechanic, just as the department did. "Jo-Lo" could give new meaning to being a hard-hitting beauty and help make "Sheriff to the Stars" a big hit.

The county could use the money. It just paid a $750,000 settlement to Gavira's family.

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2007/06/..._his_own-1.html

The Judge vs. The Sheriff:

amd_judge1.jpgamd_judge2.jpg

• Members

And it talks more from someone like Paris than someone like Lil Kim. To them, Paris is the fragile debutante with a big name while Lil Kim is nothing more than a ghetto thug with a lot of money.

• Members

Danni, I don't want this to get overly heated so we can keep up this discussion.

There are other examples of people who aren't white who never have to spend time in jail or at least very minimal jail time like an everday joe would. I agree there aren't as many cases, but if you look they do happen. A former UT football(Uni of Tennessee) player, Leonard Little, who now plays(or used to play) in the NFL fro the Denver Broncos killed someone while he was driving drunk. It didn't matter that he was black, the simple fact is that he had millions of dollars to pay off whomever he had to. I am not a damn fool to think this way Danni, I just think you are mistaken on this subject. I don't think Paris deserves any special treatment whatsoever, but in this country money talks and Paris and her family have more than I could ever imagine having. Like isn't fair, but hey that's life. You have quite a nerve yourself if you think only black people get treated unfairly.

• Members

The justice system is unfair towards blacks.

But I don't agree when it comes to black celebs vs. white celebs.

And I agree Al Sharpton should keep his fat ass out of hit. It has nothing to do with race really unless you want to dig deeper, and there is really no reason to do so. There are too many issues at hand already.

Paris wasn't released because she's white. Period. She was released because she's rich.

• Members

After a drunken birthday in 1998, NFL star Leonard Little crashed into and killed another motorist. When tested, his blood alcohol level measured 0.19 percent. Little received 60 days and 1000 hours of community service. Six years later, after the involuntary manslaughter conviction was wiped from his record, Little was again arrested for drunk driving. I got this when I googled it. I am huge UT football fan and I actually met the guy years ago in Nashville when he was still playing for UT. I know he didn't intentionally kill the woman, but IMO he deserved more than a 2 month sentence for killing someone while driving way drunk.

To back me up Little got 60 days in jail for driving drunk and killing someone. That seems like money talked in this situation, if I or any other plain joe did that we would have not been givien just 60 days in jail. Sorry, but its all about money NOT race in these instances. Wake up Danni, its not the world versus blacks.

Danni, with the Paris ordeal she is being treated like she is because she is a celebrity with eons of cash, not because she is white.

• Members

I am not disputing the fact that there are people who aren't white with money who don't spend time in jail. The difference is how they're treated in the aftermath. Is Paris going to be treated as a criminal despite the fact that her dumbass may very well get her drunk ass behind the wheel again and kill someone? Nope. She's going to be the poor little girl who had to suffer being in jail, and what a traumatic experience it must be for her. It will never happen to any POC, money or no money. The label of criminal/thug/violent/etc. is going to stick.

I'm not saying that only black people get treated unfairly. Is Paris being treated unfairly? Hell no. The fact that she thinks she is is white and class privilege at its finest.

Archived