Paris Hilton already released from Jail

winterguy125

• Members

Danni my dear I also call white people the "n" word. I am through explaining myself to you, no matter what I say you will still assume that I am a racist. I don't know what to call you, but you are so close minded its beyond ridiculous.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Any white person who is so unapologetic about using a racial slur is a racist through and through. You showed your true colors to me a long time ago, and the fact that you'd still use them to this day is more of a testament to your deplorable character than anything that I think. I only hope that you don't encounter the wrong person when you decide to show your ass.

• Members

The fact of the matter is, no one should use a word that is so god damned offensive. There's no justifying the context of using it or who you use it to. We can't change people's set ways. We can't make them speak the way we may want them to. It's futile to try and debate and/or make someone change what they already do.

This is a side issue that should NOT have been brought into this Paris Hilton thread. Any further discussion that has nothing to do w/ the topic of this thread, will be deleted and accounts will be warned.

Accounts will also be warned for earlier actions today.

• Members

Hilton’s Contrition May Be Cynical Ploy

Jun 10, 5:01 PM EST

The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES -- One day Paris Hilton is screaming for her mommy as she is cuffed and taken to the pokey in a reckless driving case. The next, she's the model of magnanimity, saying she wouldn't appeal her 45-day sentence and that she is "learning and growing" from her time behind bars.

An insincere buffing of an image scuffed like a pair last season's Jimmy Choos? Maybe. Effective? Probably, say veteran Hollywood image-makers.

"Based on the way the story has been playing out, this is a good move for her," said Michael Levine, who has served as publicist for dozens of celebrities, including Michael Jackson, Barbra Streisand and Bill O'Reilly. "Experience has taught me that celebrities respect wisdom but obey pain. What I mean by that is that when they feel the heat they see the light."

If Levine were working with the celebutante, he would recommend she show she has learned from the experience by fading from the party scene for awhile and getting behind sympathetic causes like Angelina Jolie, who traded her bad girl credentials to become a mother and a goodwill ambassador for the United Nations.

"When you're in a hole, it's generally a good idea to stop digging ... from doing the same idiotic stuff that got you in trouble in the first place," Levine said.

Hilton's publicist, Elliott Mintz, did not immediately return e-mail or phone messages.

Hilton was at a maximum-security detention center Sunday, where an AP photographer saw her sister Nicky Hilton and ex-boyfriend Stavros Niarchos go in on one of two days during the week that inmates are allowed visitors.

She has been at the downtown facility since Friday, when Superior Court Judge Michael T. Sauer ordered her back to jail. Sheriff Lee Baca had released her to house arrest the day before for undisclosed health reasons. Hilton was taken from Sauer's courtroom in tears and calling for her mother.

Hilton's lawyers had sought to have her released on grounds that the 26-year-old was suffering an unspecified medical condition.

But Sauer suggested that could be taken care of at jail medical facilities.

Hilton was expected to serve only 23 days because of a state law that requires shorter sentences for good behavior.

"Being in jail is by far the hardest thing I have ever done," she said in a statement Saturday. "During the past several days, I have had a lot of time to think and I believe that I am learning and growing from this experience."

She also said she was "shocked" by the attention her case has received and suggested the public and media focus on "more important things like the men and women serving our country in Iraq."

Media image consultant Michael Sands said Hilton's only hope at selling her new found humility is a genuine change of behavior.

"Showing is doing," he said. "If Paris is really concerned about the media paying attention to the men and women in Iraq and Afghanistan, then why didn't she sign autographs at military bases and hospitals?"

This would be a big deviation for Hilton, who is more famous for where she parties and who she parties with than her philanthropy — or talent as a singer and actor, said celebrity publicist David Brokaw.

"I think that the public this time is disgusted with her and probably asking themselves why they even bother," he said. "So she's on the brink of becoming a caricature or a person. And I think she does have that choice. The next step is hopefully to reveal by her words and actions that she has taken responsibility for being an adult."

Hilton's path to jail began Sept. 7, when she failed a sobriety test after police saw her weaving down a street in her Mercedes-Benz on what she said was a late-night run to a hamburger stand. She pleaded no contest to reckless driving and was sentenced to 36 months' probation, alcohol education and $1,500 in fines.

In the months that followed, she was stopped twice by officers who discovered her driving on a suspended license. The second stop landed her in Sauer's courtroom, where he sentenced her to jail.

Sands describes Hilton's change of heart as "media ploy." But unlike actor/director Mel Gibson — who remains on the fringes after he launched an anti-Semitic tirade at the police officer who arrested him for drunken driving last summer — Hilton will emerge smelling as sweet as her namesake perfume, he said.

"She will become a real Hollywood star from this experience," he said. "If she handles it like a famous person and goes to a military base, visits Walter Reed, then Hollywood will embrace her. It's very forgiving. It's not like she insulted the Jews."

• Members

Paris called Barbara Walters and gave her her part of the story. She is dropping her appeal and is in a treatment facility. She is being treated like a prisioner, i.e. she had to call Barbara collect like all other prisioners.

And I am paraphrasing, They never let her hug her parents which is why she screamed "It's not fair, Mom" Before they did

And Elisabeth just got shut down by Barbara because Lizzie said that she got out by celebrity contributions. Barbara was like, no. ANd Liz pouted.

I only had it on in the background, so I didn't get it all

• Members

Paris Hilton gives interview to journalist Barbara Walters from prison

Jailed heiress Paris Hilton who criticised the media's blanket coverage of her courtroom drama, spoke to veteran news journalist Barbara Walters in a phone call from prison, it was revealed.

After releasing a statement in which she said she hoped "the public and the media will focus on more important things, like the men and women serving our country in Iraq" the socialite spoke to ABC news journalist Walters about her "horrible experience" .

According to the ABC news website the jailhouse call came about because Paris' mother, Kathy Hilton, phoned Walters and during the conversation, Paris called on another line.

When her mother told her she was talking to Walters, Paris said she'd like to speak to Walters herself.

Walters then agreed to accept a collect call from Paris in jail. All prisoners are required to call collect. Hilton told Walters her first few days in jail before she was released were "a horrible experience."

She said: "I was not eating or sleeping. I was severely depressed and felt as if I was in a cage," she said.

Asked how she is now she has been sent back, a seemingly contrite Paris said: "I used to act dumb. That act is no longer cute.

She added: "Now, I would like to make a difference...God has given me this new chance."

A household name in the US, Walters is known for "personality journalism" and her "scoop" interviews, such as the Monica Lewinsky interview that won the highest ratings of any journalist interview.

Paris is said to be refusing to eat or drink, as she fears prison staffers trying to make money will take a mobile phone picture of her on the toilet.

She is under observation in the medical ward at Los Angeles's Twin Towers jail, and her small cell is in full view of jail officials who are monitoring her around the clock.

Hilton insider told the New York Daily News: "She was absolutely terrified that one of the guards or staffers would get her with the cell-phone cam and it would wind up on the Internet."

"She didn't eat or drink a single thing for three days because she didn't want to use the toilet. She was in real danger."

The heiress was comforted by her sister Nicky Hilton and her sometime boyfriend Stavros Niarchos, who visited the Twin Towers detention centre over the weekend.

"She's being strong," Nicky said as she walked out of the jail.

She is allowed visitors only two days a week, yet her parents, Kathy and Rick, were yesterday seen going to church instead - perhaps to pray for their wayward daughter.

Mrs Hilton said they would not visit as Nicky was there and there was only a 30-minute slot.

Hilton announced that she had told her lawyers not to appeal against her return to prison and instead vowed to serve her time although it was "by far the hardest thing I have ever done".

Meanwhile, it has been revealed that Hilton's billionaire grandfather donated money last year to the sheriff who released the 26-year-old heiress from jail.

William Barron Hilton, 78, co-chairman of the Hilton Hotel chain, made a contribution of around £500 to Sheriff Lee Baca�s re-election campaign - the maximum allowed by law - according to financial records.

The friend said: "A member of her family has been a contributor to Baca�s campaign and this may have been payback time.

"Her entourage initially were confident she would be out of jail in a few days."

Sheriff Baca has faced heavy criticism for attempting to overrule the judge in the case.

His spokesman Steve Whitmore reacted angrily when The Mail on Sunday if Paris received special treatment because of the contribution, snapping, "Absolutely not."

Hilton left jail on Thursday, having served just three days of her sentence for flouting a drink-driving ban.

She was originally told she would spend 45 days in jail with no prospect of early release, although the term was later cut in half for good behaviour.

But when the outraged judge heard Hilton had been released to serve the remainder of the term at her luxury home, he ordered her to be sent back to jail.

He also said she must serve the full 45-day sentence.

Sheriff Baca has been accused of favouritism towards the Hollywood elite in the past.

Celebrities including Sylvester Stallone and Dustin Hoffman have backed his election campaigns since 1998.

Last summer, Sheriff Baca was at the centre of a row when he failed to report Mel Gibson's anti-Semitic

Gibson had filmed TV adverts for one of Sheriff Baca's pet causes - an education fund for policemen�s children.

Hilton's early release has led Baca's own employees to criticise him.

Steve Remige, president of the Association for Los Angeles Deputy Sheriffs, which represents 9,000 deputies, said: "Outward appearances seem to be that the sheriff does lean toward favouritism of the rich and famous."

Baca, 65, insists he released Hilton because she was suffering from a worsening medical problem.

He said: "My biggest concern was basically her deterioration."

• Members

Poor Paris....

The American News Media and in short most of America is pretty sad for being so obsessed with this story. I for one was glad when she was released and I was shocked that this idiot judge sent her back to teach her a lesson. None of us can claim the moral high ground here. Basically this is not about justice. This is about people being jealous of the girl because she has something they don't. Whether it be the looks, the money, or the fame.

Either way Paris will survive. I'm more worried about what the world is coming to when it looks like the majority of people (and a shocking amount of them over 30 most likely) are freaking out about a girl who violated parole. She didn't kill anyone. She didn't committ genocide. She didn't rape anyone. She didn't cause thousands of people to fight in a dumb war overseas and die for no reason. And no I'm not bringing Dubya into this to shift focus. All I'm saying is that at the very least the people of Earth have a MILLION more important things to obsess about. Whether it be gas prices, global warming, starvation, disease, etc.

This is about Paris and yes its important for her to LEARN from her mistakes. But not this way and definitely not to please this angry mob. This is just another episode of Celebrity Witch Hunt. Unfortunately Paris was "caught", tried, and hung.

• Members

How would you like her to learn her mistakes, do you have any other ideas other than going to prison like the average American would have to do for the same thing? And as for the press doing what they are doing Paris she is loving it she is a media whore just like Brittney and Lindsay Lohan, if they weren't they would not be doing the stupid things they are doing just to get media attention. They are famous and normally when famous people make "mistakes" the press gets them for it, so if Paris and the others were sick of it, one would think they would stop with the dumb behavior.

And yes I would rather the press focus on more important things, but I don't see that ever happening, maybe you should send the three media whores a email and tell them to stop so the media can get back to real news.

Archived