Gossip Girl: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

I LOVE this programme

Why is it not getting the ratings it deserves?

It's like Cruel Intentions meets Laguna Beach...especially love Blair and Serena...although none of the couples have a rootability. It reminds me of the OC a little (not hard considering they're from the same people), but Gossip Girl has that edge in that the characters are so much more relatable (albeit fabulously wealthy) and I think it could do well if given time to develop. Sadly I dont see it running for too long if it loses a million viewers between episodes one and two. It needs to get some buzz going around it if it's going to pick up a little.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Episode 3 is another good one. This show just keeps on getting better as they start to define the characters. My favorites are Blair, Serena, Dan, and Chuck (Ed Westwick is so fun to watch in this role). I'll post more about the lastest episode after it airs in the US. :)

• Members

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gossip_Girl_(...Nielsen_ratings

Theres the Wikipedia page for the show...Hopefully the ratings go up or at least hold steady. I think it just needs more time.

Private Practice looks to be absolutely boring so I don't see that show working out in the long run. Pushing Daises reminds of DayBreak. How many times do they expect viewers to watch someone do the same thing over and over again without getting bored.

• Members

Really!? I LOVE Blairs clothing. She looks so posh its ridiculoso! But I'm also loving Serena's style as well. Both are classy well dressed women.

Anyways tonights episode was VERY good. Loved the drama. The stunt Blair pulled was bad but I was sorta expecting it to be even worse so after it happened I was like, "meh".

The ending had me in tears. That letter was great stuff. I know feel more empathy for Blair. Shes still a bitch but now shes a human being at least. Before I was looking at her as a monster.

• Administrator

That last scene was my favorite from last night's episode. The rain, the outdoor location, and of course the letter. Blair showed some heart in today's ep (the letter, the scene with Eric and when she didn't tell Chuck about Eric) which of course I really liked.

And I love rooting for Dan/Serena. I love those two together.

• Members

I keep forgetting the name of Blairs boyfriend which shocks me since hes so hot...but anyways he was really good in tonights episode as well. He really shined opposite his father and at the lil "Ivy League Mixer" thing they had. It was nice to see that he wasn't a total ass to Dan and when he offered Dan the oppurtunity to talk with the guy from Dartmouth I was really happy.

It'll be interesting to see how far his dad pushes him this season when it comes to his future. I wouldn't be surprised to see him cave into pressure and betray someone just to get ahead further down the line although right now he seems harmless.

Serena's brother was pretty ackward and hard to watch but as the show went on I warmed up to him a bit. Especially when he was with Dan's sister. Their scene at the little institute was cute as well.

Is Dan's father sleeping with Serena's mother? Did I miss something there?

Plus has anyone noticed that the actor playing Dan's father played Kitty Walker's fianance on Brothers & Sisters? Hot guy but his role was very boring and one note. Glad to see him on another show however.

I really want this show to do well. The quality of the lighting, direction, wardrobe, dialogue, etc continue to astound me.

• Administrator

Yeah, I liked that scene with Nate and Dan too. There's going to be competition between the two over Serena. It should be interesting how it plays out if Nate/Dan become friends.

They dated when they were younger.

Another favorite scene was when Chuck was asked by the Dartmouth guy, "Why don't you want to be an usher?" And Chuck responds, ".....I'm Chuck Bass." The way he said his name made me laugh.

• Members

Felicia D. Henderson (third episode)

Date of Birth

18 April 1961, USA

Mini Biography

Felicia's writing career started with getting into the Warner Bros. Writers Workshop. One of eight children, Felicia was born and raised in Pasadena, California, where she continues to live. However, she feels "southern in her soul" due to her mother's strong Missippi roots. In addition to her series credits, Felicia has written full-length movies for 20th Century Fox, the Disney Channel, and MTV Films.

Trivia

Also teaches Advanced Screenwriting in UCLA Film School's M.F.A. program and is currently working on her Ph.D. at UCLA.

"Soul Food: the series" was the longest running one-hour drama featuring an African American cast.

• Members

It was a great ending! I like that the two seem to understand where each other is coming from now. Even if they won't get to be great

friends again, maybe at the very least they won't be enemies anymore. :)

I agree, this show just keeps getting better....I also want it to do well so it won't get cancelled.

• Members

Yeah, last night's episode was great. I loved how Serena and Blair came to an understanding at the end, that was really touching. I really like Serena and Dan, I hope they stay together. Very much like the book during book 2 when Serena and Blair decide to become best friends again after Blair's mother's wedding. Please don't cancel it, CW!

Archived