Gossip Girl: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

IMHO, only the first 6 episodes were good. Much the The OC, after that everything just sort of happened and nothing really clicked.

For me, this season has been the best. But there is WAY to much focus on chuck/blair. Serena/Nate/Jenny is where it is at...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Only just saw this.

I don't think I have ever reeeeeeally praised GG. Certainly not on this thread. I liked Blair & Chuck in the 1st season -- I know you hated them. I still catch the show here and there. IA with jp. Momentum has been lost on GG since the early part of the first season. And I don't know why but I am liking Little J! Even if Taylor Momsen is a whiney racoon who thanks she's, like, so tough and hardcore.

As for Mad Men, still love it (hello? My avatar!), still watch it assiduously, cannot WAIT until Season 4. I just don't post about it. Maybe because I like it so much. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

LOL, Fashion's Night Out was this past Wednesday. And I participated in some prize draw at a department store and won! Just thought I'd mention it because I never win stuff in lotteries or prize draws.

Also passed by Stella McCartney's store and saw Gwyneth Paltrow mingling inside. My oh-so-tenuous brush with snooty fame. If you are talking about GG and NY insiders, Paltrow is the ultimate privileged, stuck-up NY insider. She *is* Blair Waldorf come to life.

But yeah, GG. It's pretty much all about the clothes they wear now, isn't it? I wonder how long Blake Lively has signed a contract for? She's getting some buzz re: The Town and some other films she did (and the fact that she may or may not be shtupping Ben Affleck). I think she really wants to pursue a film career.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I dunno about anyone else but the last three episodes of Gossip Girl have been excellent...The start of the season was pretty shitty, but now the show feels like Gossip Girl again and I couldn't be more excited..

I despise Juliet but I reeeally want to know what's up with this girl.

The new guy looks exactly like Tripp Vanderbilt.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Huge fan of the show, but even I can say I wouldn't be sad with it ending...There's only so much of Blake Lively looking constipated I can stomach and I imagine as far as Leighton is concerned who I feel like is in the more popular of the two relationship pairings is concerned, being the second fiddle for this many years must be annoying.

Archived