Gossip Girl: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

That sucks! I was looking forward to having a teen drama set in the 80's, it would have been a nice change. Still, I guess with The CW only doing Mon-Fri primetime their slots are limited. I wonder if this means the Beautiful Life show or an hourlong The Game will have more chance of being picked up.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I did a little more research. EOnline is reporting they may not have enough time slots, going to the Monday-Friday scheduling, also picking up Melrose Place and possibly Privileged and Beautiful Life. They said it's not completely dead, but it's on the verge.

We'll see how Monday's episode goes. From the previews, it looks like a lot of fun. Plus I love Brittany Snow.

• Administrator

The backdoor pilot was really good - maybe it's because I love 80's music and costumes (Brittany Snow during the clothes changing montage :wub:) or the actors involved. I loved the Rhodes women and their relationships with each other. The guys (Keith, Owen and Ryan Hansen's character) were pretty interesting too. My favorite scene was Lily introducing herself to Keith and when Lily/Carol said, "What did you just say?" and then the fight that followed.

Come on, CW, you gotta pick up the spinoff! I want to watch an 80's young adult soap!

Nate/Blair broke up again. :)

Chuck: "You didn't think you were the only one who knew about the scrapbook." Go Chuck!

• Members

Word! I know it seems likely this spinoff is dead, but I would love that to be untrue...the idea of an 80s teen drama just seems like something so different, and the possibilities for merchandise, clothing, soundtracks, etc., is endless! The whole idea of it being very Less Than Zero as well...

• Members

Heard a rumor, I think from EW.com that it may be a mid-season pick up.

I sure do hope so.. I LOVED the backdoor pilot. I thought Brittany Snow was awesome in it as a young Lily. I loved when she was beating that guy up, haha :-D

Pleaseeee don't forget this CW! It's a product of Gossip Girl, after all!

• Members

Season finale was pretty good.. So glad Chuck and Blair got together =)

Wish Gossip Girl was actually revealed. I wonder if Georgina will be around next season since MT has a new show on NBC.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

What a boring season premiere IMO.

Blair & Chuck have gotten so stale and repetitive, but at least they're finally together. That last scene with them role-playing was just, awkward.

Serena acting out for attention, haven't we seen this before? And Cater needs to go away again, this time for good. Never liked him or the annoying way Sebastian Stan plays him. Also not seeing any chemistry between him and Blake Lively.

I like Vanessa, but her acting all self-righteous and whiny about Dan not hiding the fact that he's got money now was annoying. I did enjoy her scenes with Scott though. Speaking of, the actor they got to play him is kind of awful and looks nothing like Lily & Rufus IMO.

Blech to Nate rebelling against his family and using Cheyenne Bree to do it.

Jenny & Eric are useless and without Lily around, I just don't care about Rufus.

Hopefully the next episode is better, cause so far they still seem to be going around in the same boring repetitive circle they were last year.

• Administrator

Episode was better than the premiere, only because we're not seeing them in college.

As most couples and stories, it's better to watch the chase, the angst, the they-can't-be-together-but-want-to angle because once they get together, the story has to be about them to be exciting (of course the story also has to be good). If not, the couple is pretty boring.

• Members

Just saw episode 2 and I'm not very impressed... what is up with Josh Schwartz, I mean seriously? He gave us an amazing first season of THE O.C. and then it all fell to hell and the same with GOSSIP GIRL.... Can't he make a little bit of an effort? It all reeks of a kind of Marc Cherry/Aaron Spelling "the fans will watch" attitude. I loved the Georgina/Dan twist in the end, but it was also destroyed because of the fast pace... I mean, really, in the beginning of the episode he's looking at Georgina as if she's some kind of leper, and by the end they're in a relationship? :huh:

• Members

And there is doubt that they will be together after Dan goes through a half-episode guilt trip? :lol:

I know what they showed.... But those two looked like they had been kissing all night long, very comfortable with each other. Even that is too much after all that's happened.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

^LOL, this is the most i have loved GG since its first 6 episodes.

Carter has done wonders with Serena. Nate being used by Bree was good. Chuck/Blair struggling to make it work is actually interesting. Jenny annoying gay brother have been down played. im loving vanessa. olivia is pretty cool and not taking over so thats good.

the only complaint i have is georgina. shes awful and mt is awful.

i also love how pathetic blair is, but ive always seen her the way it seems others are now.

besides, chuck bass finally kissed a boy <3. this show really should have taken his sexuality from the book. it fits his char so well.

• Members

Doh. Wait. Chuck Bass kissed a boy (and he liked it)? I must have missed more episodes than I realized!

I must say I do love Carter and one thing about this season, TPTB have given the character of Serena some balls and impetus. It's Blair (whom I adore -- Leighton Meester, too) who is in a position of weakness now. She has always been deeply insecure but I guess that is the one relatable thing about Blair, given that her wardrobe is most definitely not.

Nate -- eh. I've never been that into Nate. Or Dan.

I am surprised you hate Michelle Trachtenberg as I love her manipulative Georgina and I used to hate her as Buffy's sister. But I think Willa Holland (who played Marissabot'a sister in The OC and Jenny's wild friend Agnes last season) would have been better as Georgina.

Archived