Gossip Girl: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

The Lady Gaga episode was pretty good! Maybe they're finally turning this ship around. The resolution to Hilary Duff's run on the show was a little too wrapped up neatly with a bow on top for my liking, but it worked. I just think they are trashing the Blair character a little. She's been reduced to interfering in high school matters and being desperate to be accepted by her peers, rather than just owning it.

Loved the story last week with Jenny, Taylor Momsen has really grown up and I think she could be capable of being the centrepiece of the show should TPTB choose to refocus on the schools.

Sidenote: Chuck, Serena, Eric, Jenny and Dan are all sort of related now. Kind of gross?

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Yeah, I thought the Thanksgiving episode was pretty awesome too. It was the best episode in a long time. I've always said that the best episodes of any series are when the entire group is together. After what Maureen Vanderbilt did with the election, which was pretty cunning of her, and her scene with William where she tells him it was her doing, I wanted to see more of her. So I'm also glad it's happening. She's fun to watch.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Hmmm... what is so good about this show? (Coming from someone that stopped watching after the first three because I had other stuff to watch)

Most of my friends seem to be crazy about it.

• Members

And I wasn't interested enough to go past the third episode of the first season... I believe Serena and Blair already made up by then, which I didn't like. I would have loved to see some sort of a rivalry. But then again, I don't know what happens next.

It's funny; I usually like the guilty please type of shows.

Archived