Pushing Daisies: Discussion Thread

• Members

Even worse, those ads that proclaim a series to be "the most anticipated" of the season. Oh really? By people who attended the up-fronts, maybe. The premise of the show is so ridiculous, it should have been contained to a movie of the week. I'm glad to see Chi McBride on another show though.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm glad to see someone else enjoyed the show as much as I did. And I loved teh quirky sense of humor throughout the episode. I don't know what some people seem to have against it. I love watching shows that are different, which is why I rather enjoy this one. Just because it is different isn't a good enough reason to hate it.

• Members

Whoa, I didn't say I didn't like shows that were different. In fact I love shows that are different I watch lost, arrested development(now cancelled because it was different), heroes, etc. I just don't think this one is a good one. An about my critic comment I was refering to critics that just praise a show thats different just because its different who totally overlook the quality of the show and appeal to the audience.

• Members

I was really struggling through the first 20 minutes - had that itchy finger waiting to change the channel.

But I gave it a chance and ended up really liking it.

The lead is brilliant - and he's adorable. The dialogue is so poetic, intelligent, and full of great metaphors. This writer obviously excelled in english classes...haha.

Chi McBride is always great. He's a great sidekick.

I'll be giving it another chance now. It'll be interesting to see what else they can do with this show...

• Members

Okay, next to Reaper, this is my FAVORITE show of the new season. Well acted, well written, like a fairy tale on crack, but in a good way.

And I LOVE Ellen Greene. She played Audrey in Little Shop of Horrors on both stage and screen, and its good to see her acting again :)

• Members

I loved it! Too bad everything has to catch on with the closed minded mainstream to survive on tv. Hopefully one day they will make tv like PPV because I'd be willing to pay money to see this one. Unfortunately I can't say the same for any of the other new shows this season.

• Members

Um, I LOVED this show, thankyouverymuch.

VERY original.

It may also be the most aesthetically pleasing and whimsical network series EVER. I LOVE the direction, LOVE the sets, LOVE everything about it.

VERY charming too. For some the starcrossed romance between "the piemaker" (LOVE how they call him that) and "Chuck" may be sickeningly sweet, but it's very sweet for those of us who are sort of romantics.

LOVE EVERYTHING about this show.

INSTANT hit.

INSTANT classic.

It BETTER have won its time slot.

the world NEEDS this show.

Archived