DAYS: Jack/Jennifer/Peter

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know. It's so sad too because Peter has so much potential like in my blog how is scorching it with SAMI as SETER!!! WHAT UP, SHAMELESS PROMOTION!!!!

Also, I really liked Mark Valley. I'm not gonna lie. He was the only Jack for me. I think that is why I have such a hard time getting into Ashford as Jack.

• Members

Shhh! Don't tell anymore, but I agree with you. :) While I like Matt Ashford and he's the one with real history and the actor people identify Jack with, I started watching DAYS with Mark Valley in the role and I really liked him. My mother was a big fan of his, I could tell, because whenever she'd see him anywhere else, like Boston Legal or whatever, she'd light up and go "Aw, there's Jack Deveraux..." and go on about how she preferred him over the current 'silly' Jack.

• Members

If you're referring to the scene where Jack walked into the steamy shower as one man, then walked out of the steamy shower as a recast, that wasn't his first day... it was his last, LoL. He walks in, and out walks Steve Wilder! And Steve Wilder, OMG... man oh man! Worst. Actor. EVER! The male version of Charity Rahmer.

• Members

I think DAYS was wary about reuniting Jack & Jenn with Melissa Reeves as Jenn but Mark Valley as Jack. Meanwhile, Jenn & Peter did have chemistry (onscreen and off!) so they played that out as much as they could. Once Reeves left and Stephanie Cameron was playing the role, the whole love triangle just fizzled because the rooting couple were both recasts. There was chemistry between Valley & Cameron's version of Jack & Jenn, so they could use that to the best of their ability, but the idea of 'Jack & Jenn' was lost. Then when Mark Valley, the stronger actor of the two, left in '97 and was replaced with cardboard model Steve Wilder, it was really *really* like watching two completely different characters from the Jack & Jenn of '87-'93. That, combined with that AWFUL Jungle Madness/Circus storyline, it's no wonder they were shoved to the backburner and written off by June '98.

It is strange, though, how when the original Jack & Jenn returned, they never ever referred to the characters' history that happened between '93-'98. Peter Blake never happened. Jack was never in jail for 'killing' Peter. Jack & Jenn never went on the run across country and ended up in a circus.

Also, completely off the original subject, but seeing the name Rudolpho Meradi reminded me... wasn't it strange how in '96 Vivian and Stefano hooked up, but Vivian thought his name was Rudolpho Meradi? How in the world could Vivian NOT know who Stefano was or what he looked like?

• Members

I'm not against Jennifer being recast, so long as Missy Reeves doesn't want to return. Many people have suggested Jensen Buchanan as a suitable replacement, but I laugh my ass off everytime I hear it! I don't care what her age really is, she comes off as a woman much older than Melissa Reeves. I can't even begin to imagine her and Matt Ashford as a couple.

I say Terri Colombino would be a great alternative to Melissa Reeves. We know she can act, so that's no issue. I could totally see her having a great chemistry with Matt Ashford, and she could easily work with the Jack/Jennifer quirkiness, having gotten warmed up on ATWT with Henry. She could take Jennifer and keep her as the good girl, while also giving her back her spunk and effervescence at the same time.

Archived