DAYS: OH HELL NO!

• Members

Not the penthouse! :(:angry: I loved that set. It was so nice.

I do understand where Kenny is going with the prediction of things to come with the loss of the penthouse. Why did it have to be John and Marlena's home? We're talking about two very popular people, with rabid fanbasese, who have gotten sh*t on for the past several years. Why couldn't Corday sell Bo and Hope's house, or the loft? I know exactly why. Bo, Hope, Shawn and Belle obviously have a future on this show since we see them the most. I could see where a J&M fan would be concerned. I see Corday saying that since John and Marlena won't be frontburner anymore, there is no need for their home. And that sucks.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly. It's not so much the set itself, although that is a loss, sadly, being one of the few nice sets left on this show. The anger comes from what selling the set means for John and Marlena. Why wouldn't they sell Max's garage? Jack and Jennifer's old house? The Cheatin' Heart? The Lockhart house? They sold John and Marlena's home for a reason -- because they didn't plan to get much use out of it. 1 + 1 = 2.

• Members

I just don't get why the set had to be sold in the first place? The set the show uses now used to be a GH set. GH is set in Los Angeles, the same as DAYS. Why couldn't the show still taped there with the aspiring DAYS actors acting on the GH set. Is it really that difficult? Is it even legal? I don't know how much a show has the rights to. It just seems pretty pointless and pety to me. Unless Y&R follows the other SoapNet line up and does a season next year, I can't see the show continuing on unless they start over again with GH. If that's the case, maybe we will get the penthouse back. I can hope. :)

• Members

No. Not you. It's more or less SC and the rabid fanbasers. I just think this is no big deal and I didn't want to go on a long rant about things like this.

I don't see how this means less J&M. If Corday heard the cries about Bope and we are seeing them more, then he heard the cries about J&M. Once again, alot of overreaction without watching the show first and then seeing. I know Corday lies and the show burns fans alot but the show has it's back against the wall so I tend to think that may push them to actually start doing at least some of the things the fans want.

• Members

Jack and Jennifer's house isn't even seen anymore. I thought for sure the show would put Steve and Kayla in there. I know I did on my blog. They seriously have done nothing with that set. The same thing can be said for the Lockhart house. Why the penthouse? Why, Corday? Why?

• Members

Oh, if worse really came to worse and the show was forced to get rid of the majority of their sets, I'd understand.

Under these circumstances, though? Selling the decent sets and the characters homes while continually adding newbies every single day and paying them big bucks to add NOTHING to the show? It's stupid. All familiarity is going out the window, IMO.

A "true fan" of the show doesn't sit back and go along with every foolish decision... they want it to be the best it can be. Personally, my idea of Days at its best doesn't involve newbies shoved down my throat on miniature AMC-esque sets.

• Members

Well, let's see...J&J's house has not been seen since September so maybe they already sold it. Same goes for The Cheatin Heart, which hasn't been shown in ages, and the Lockhart house, which has been gone since March. Maybe IWTBASS wanted the set and gave Corday an offer and he took it because he needed the money. This doesn't meant J&M are going to be limited in any capacity. I think until we learn something concrete all we have is speculation and overreaction and the show has seen enough of that in 2007 to last a lifetime IMO.

• Members

Huh. It's certainly not a venomous post. I only stated my opinion which is that I don't like John and Marlena and I never will so it's nice when they're not on my screen so if they disappeared forever it would be fine with me.

• Members

Sorry, but my fellow Days fans can never be happy about anything it seems. You want vets to be used. They are finally and will continue to be. John and Marlena are going to be ON AGAIN. Are you NOT realizing that? Focus on THAT. It's good news! For the love of everything daytime, get off of the set thing. If selling sets to maintain the budget, and in turn, keep the show on the air and cost efficient, has to happen. LET IT. Stop beating a dead horse.

• Members

Shortly before JER returned in 2003, there was a report in some magazine, and I believe that Deidre Hall said something about Corday coming to her and telling her that John and Marlena were going to be on the backburner "indefinitely" because focus groups have shown that the 'desired viewer' is no longer interested in John and Marlena.

The man can say whatever he wants and make as many promises as he wishes... I don't believe a word he says until I see his promises come to fruition with my very own eyes. Thus far, that hasn't happened, and so as far as I know, John and Marlena are still backburnered and will continue to be until 2009, when the show is cancelled.

Archived