DAYS: OH HELL NO!

• Members

ONCE AGAIN, THANK YOU!!! :) .

It's not just optimism, it's being logical, IT'S A FREAKING SET!!! :lol: .

It just seems like we talk more about the negative Days stuff then the positive. People go into spoiler threads and go off about vague spoilers just because certain characters aren't mentioned knowing full well not everything gets spoiled, especially in those particular spoilers.

It just seems like people are longing for a return to the mid 90's. We have constant mentions of "Why didn't Days bring back ED?" and now they get rid of the Penthouse and it's like armageddon. The 90's are gone. No show is the same. Life goes on and just as long as Days is still here and we have balance and good writing...who cares? Everyone whined about balance and the vets and bringing back familiar faces. Now we get that and we are getting upset over a set?!! Days needs to do what it takes to survive and if people want it to live on, sacrifices need to be made. A set going over a veteren actor or actress should please people but it doesn't.

First, a comforter and now a set! What's next? They get rid of Marlena and John's trademark bedroom attire? STORM BURBANK!!! Seriously, we don't nothing yet and while it's discussion, it's also being made into too big of a deal. It sucks but it doesn't mean more then it does at this point. We are losing a set. It does not mean we are losing J&M until you see them still backburnered or fired. Period. It's ok to be angry about it but to suggest this is the end of one of the greatest supercouples ever is ridiculous. We have no reason to think that based on a damn set.

I am not trying to be harsh but I just feel like this is being taken in a completely other direction then it should be. That's all.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, sorry, but I'll NEVER agree with that particular statement. I mean, it's REALLY hard to suspend one's disbelief and believe that all these people are "rich" and "worldly" if they're ejaculating their lines while in a laundromat, a bathroom or a hotel room.

This action of Corday's is truly DISGUSTING!! "Days" is going to go straight to hell because of this one incident, just mark my words!! :(

• Members

I'm only speculating. Isn't that what soap forums are for? If you disagree... fine. Agree to disagree, but don't tell me to keep quiet. That's not fair, because I've never said that to you. Or anyone, for that matter.

• Members

And now, my dear Kenny, it's my time to disagree with YOU!

I say this IS the worst thing to ever happen to the show. Because ever since I began watching this show, that set, that beautiful set, has always symbolized John and Marlena, echoed Marls' "richness" (to be very unclassy since I'm lazy and can't think of a better word) and was a fitting staple since many, many "big events" happened there. You just would NEVER let go of that set. It's absolutely unheard of. This is TRULY a tragedy. :(

• Members

Usually, I can see both sides of an argument, but this time, I can't. How can you honestly say that? John and Marlena haven't been seen in ages together. Even during the freaking DiMera/Brady war promo, John and Marlena's shots were not involved. That obviously doesn't set well with a J&M fan. John and Marlena are as much a part of that Brady family as Hope is.

• Members

Marry me :)

Seriously though, I know what you mean.

I used to long for a return to the glory days of the 80's. Dreamed of the day Shari Anderson would come back. But I know that was a different time and era and that today is the future of the show and under Hogan, it will be in a new direction. I accept that. As long as there are good storylines with the acting to match it, I am happy. I love this show. And this past week has me excited about. The location of character interaction interests me not in the least. I do admit, I miss Salem Place. But life. goes. on.

I watch for the love of the show, not for the penthouse in Marlena's penthouse. Not for the tables in Chez Rouge. Not for the couch in Sami's apartment.

• Members

Hmmmmmmm..............

Did anyone realize that the show may be building them a new set? People are freakin jumping to conclusions. Just because a couple doesn't have a house doesn't mean they won't have airtime. Jesus, when was the last time we saw Roman's house? Does he even have a place to live? Does that mean he lives on the street? I mean really? Though Kate's vagina is quite big, so I'm sure he can snuggle up in there.

Seriously people, you're overreacting. I'm sure the show is building them a new set.

• Members

I'm not saying that to you. I'm merely saying that out of all the good news coming out of show lately, and after how good its been the last week and looks to continue, people should be HAPPY right now. I don't understand I guess.

My bad.

• Members

I'm sorry. I forgot that speculation and negativity regarding Days is no longer allowed.

I've already said... IT'S NOT JUST THE SET I'M PISSED ABOUT! It's about what selling it means for John and Marlena. The message sent isn't a very good one. THAT'S what I'm speculating on, and last I checked, speculation and negativity wasn't against the rules.

As for you complaining about the constant "Why didn't Days bring back ED?" mentions... I know you're referring to me. I'm not an idiot. Just come right out and tell me that I'm driving you up a wall. I'll be less offended than if you keep beating around the bush.

If Y&R sold the Newman Ranch and left Victor and Nikki homeless, I'm sure there'd be talk about it. Days/J&M are no different.

• Members

Oh, please.

You're minimalizing the argument.

Yes, I'll miss the set. But I've said it before, and I suppose I'll say it once again... I'm not that upset about them selling the set. I'm upset about what selling it means for J&M. I. Have. No. Reason. To. Believe. They. Will. Have. A. Story. NONE.

• Members

When do we leave? :lol: .

Kenny, negativity is allowed and so is speculation. I just thing it's being overblown. That's all. I am not just referring to you in regards to ED. It's you and several others, along with some on other boards across the net. I didn't mean to offend. :)

It just seems like some post more about negative things then they do about the positives. That's all.

Archived