DAYS: OH HELL NO!

• Members

You know what, it's conversation. If none ever speculated, the world would be a boring place. The world is full of "what ifs?" What makes SON any different? As for Corday hearing the BOPE fanbase crying out and acting on it. They are in no way comparable to John and Marlena. Bo and Hope owned 2006. Their fans cried over a mere 3 month absence. J&M have been sh*t on for the past, hell, 10 years? I think the last time we saw an actual J&M story was in 97 with Kristen. Afterwards, we had the Roman storyline, which turned into a John and Hope plotline and that continued on until 2002 when it was revealed that John was not the father of Zack. Then, John and Marlena were used to prop Tony's return and nothing happened. And then 2003-2006, don't even get me started on. The couple was written off in summer of 2006 to only be brought back with such hope of a bright future, only to be killed once again. How can fans not overreact and worry?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, how many of those newbies are left now? Most of them are gone except one and sure we are getting two more but that is hardly overruning a show with newbies.

They are only set and other then a few select people and rabid fanbases, no one is making it a big deal. To me, a "true fan" is one that sticks by through it all and wants better for the show but also says loyal. It doesn't mean you are accepting everything. It just means it's your show and you are standing by your show. You can disagree with decisions but, at the end of the day, it's still Days of our Lives and your show. Period.

This issue is being made to sound like Days is getting rid of all the characters' homes and sending them to a new location or something. Changing times and climates call for new things. Days has budget issues and if the cast isn't being cut for returns, they have to cut somewhere and I would rather get rid of a damn set then an actor I love.

• Members

To you, I'm beating a dead horse. To me, I'm raising valid arguments and suspicions.

How do you know that John and Marlena are going to be "ON AGAIN?" How do you know they're going to get a story? You don't, I don't... nobody does. Corday's a liar, and until I see the story with my very own eyes, I don't believe it. Selling their home only cements my suspicions, thus far.

As far as the budget goes, I'd prefer they maintain it by utilizing the cast they have rather than adding newbies by the busload.

• Members

Holy hell! I feel your pain! At first when I saw this thread, I thought it was just a post about the Penthouse Grille, but THE penthouse?!! This is ridiculous! Granted, Marlena's bedroom is PAINFULLY dated, but it's still a classic "Days" set that had staying power. So what, they get rid of the penthouse and keep lame, middle-class crap like the Brady residence? God, that house is FUGLY -- compared to the penthouse, of course. It's just the stupidest business decision. Especially when you're telling me that they sold a piece of a daytime HISTORY for a cheap, crappy reality TV show with very little dignity, if any. God, that man IS a son of a bitch!

• Members

Wow, I'm so going to disagree with you. This is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo not like hte comforter "incident." This is HUGE, as Kenny indicated. I mean, a SUPERCOUPLE, from what we know, has NO house. No home. No place to live. That's just crazy and unheard of! (And I don't watch GL so I don't know if it is heard of, but even if is, I sure as hell don't WANT it to be true!)

Archived