DAYS: OH HELL NO!

• Members

If it's for I Wanna Be A Soapstar then maybe there's a chance they'll have the set back after the series is made.

It's only a set, I dont see why people are getting so mad. I'd far rather have Deirdre and Drake still on contract than have their penthouse set.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What do you think the reaction would be if Y&R got rid of the Newman Ranch and made Nikki/Victor homeless? Sure, they could move 'em into a new digs, but it wouldn't be the same as the place that holds all the memories. A show getting rid of a supercouple's HOME kinda sends a message that they don't plan on playing 'em much, anymore. You don't need their home if you don't plan on writing for them! If Y&R got rid of the Newman Ranch, viewers would naturally question, "Do they not plan on writing for Victor and Nikki anymore if they're getting rid of their home for no reason?" That's the same thing I'm doing with Days/J&M. It's a natural reaction.

Honestly though, the set is the least of what I'm upset about -- it's the message that selling it sends me in regards to J&M that I'm worried/pissed about.

• Members

First Comforter-gate, now Penthouse-gate. Corday sure knows how to put his foot in it. :lol:

IMO, losing a set that's barely been used in 6 months ranks pretty low on DAYS' crisis list at this point. Yes, it could be foreshadowing that J&M will be used less. It could also mean nothing. Steve & Kayla have only had a few scenes in a hotel room and yet they've been front and centre the whole year. When last were Shawn & Belle shown in their loft? And though Abe still has a house, we have seen him about 5 episodes in the last 3 months. There isn't an automatic correlation between having a set and quantity of airtime.

• Members

Those were always my favorite sets too......:(

The news of of J&M's Penthouse being sold saddens me, it's one of those sets that makes you think of some of the glory days that Days has had in the past. Kenny makes a good point with equating it to getting rid of the Newman Ranch on Y&R......

• Members

It's sad but maybe Corday is thinking ahead. If he had a buyer for the set why not take the added revenue the sale would make and reinvest into the show? J&M could always get a new place after DAYS relocates to a new building...

It is possible, afterall, that Corday doesn't intend to stay at the NBC studio a day longer than he will have to.

• Members

Aww, I'm not TOO sad but that Penthouse did have alot of memories.... :(

I doubt it would ever happen, but Marlena and John should move into her old gatehouse(if it's still there)! That was where Marlena had her first couple....

• Members

Dude I love your optimism!! It is never absent at all, LOL :)

But you keep on saying, fans should JUST be happy that J&M are in spoilers. Why are your expectations set so low? John and Marlena are staple of DAYS and fans should continue to be pissed until they have a strong role in the direction of the show.

I am not as upset at the penthouse being gone, I just hope that the reason for it is being logistically and will help progress the story. Hopefully it is part of the "bigger" picture for something for John and Marlena. I'm hoping it means they buy a new home together eventually, or something like that. Otherwise if it is just a stupid plot device, like Dena Higley's Bo and Hope sell the Fancy Face to buy a fricken car, then I'll be upset.

• Members

Thanks. :) .

My expectations aren't low. They are high but I always think the positive needs to be reflected on too. J&M are in spoilers and that is all that matters right now after them being gone. We have no idea how anything is going to play out. All we know is a little bit and that the set is gone. That's it. Like Ponz said, Days has far bigger issues right now then a set. Delivering good stories, balance, and writing is the first and the biggest. If they do that, I would hope at the end of the day people are happy and not worried about a set. Days needs to survive and it's clear this is a budget move so, I ask everyone, what would you rather they do? Get rid of a set or get rid of a veteren cast member or two? That is the choice because Days has to survive and sacrifices will have to be made. If you don't want them to cut the cast or the sets, what are they supposed to cut? I know people will say newbies but they don't make enough and even cutting any and all newbies is not enough.

• Members

Days does have far bigger issues, but IMO this is a huge red flag. Budget problems must be REALLY bad. Once all these character returns happen in the next month, there's going to be sacrifices made-and not for the better.

This IMO really doesn't bode well for Days as a whole at all. I hate to say it, but it's looking more and more like RIP Days :(

Archived