DAYS: OH HELL NO!

• Members

Wow!

I guess it's easy to find any number of things to get upset with concerning soaps in this anti-soap atmosphere on network tv, but the ONLY thing I am really worried about is if Corday can get his show picked up by another network so that the great show Days of Our Lives will continue past 2009.

If that doesn't happen, then John, Marlena, Bo, Hope...none of the characters we all love will exist.

To me if the show dies after the ignominious treatment NBC has given it, then I will be upset. But not now.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks. :) .

My expectations aren't low. They are high but I always think the positive needs to be reflected on too. J&M are in spoilers and that is all that matters right now after them being gone. We have no idea how anything is going to play out. All we know is a little bit and that the set is gone. That's it. Like Ponz said, Days has far bigger issues right now then a set. Delivering good stories, balance, and writing is the first and the biggest. If they do that, I would hope at the end of the day people are happy and not worried about a set. Days needs to survive and it's clear this is a budget move so, I ask everyone, what would you rather they do? Get rid of a set or get rid of a veteren cast member or two? That is the choice because Days has to survive and sacrifices will have to be made. If you don't want them to cut the cast or the sets, what are they supposed to cut? I know people will say newbies but they don't make enough and even cutting any and all newbies is not enough.

The only set I would ever get upset about is the Horton House. Now that is a staple and has been there since the beginning. We all know why we aren't seeing it now, sadly :( .

On the flip side, Corday should know better then to do something like this and not explain his reasons and calm fans' fears. He should come out in a mag and give the J&M fans hope. Hell, what Hogan do it. Someone has to because all doing it this way does is open up a can of worms, just like the comforter issue did. I can see why Corday would do it. He needs the money and was probably asked for the set, got a good deal, and took it. He just needs to reassure people and explain.

• Members

OMG YOU GUYS I KNOW! Just think - they could kill off, like EIGHT OF THEM in the most violent and corny way possible just to cut more costs like they did with the PH! And then Maggie's restaurant could be turned into a country western bar!

• Members

Well, I couldn't care less about the Penthouse. I don't really care were J&M lives. Actually I think Marlena should have moved out right after the demon stuff ended. The only set I would be a little upset if it was sold is The Pub.

• Members

It's not the penthouse per se, it's what it represents for John and Marlena and their future on the show. Obviously we wouldn't be freaking out if they just moved to a new apartment or house. It's the fact that removing their home from the show is the first sign that John and Marlena will only be used as props in other people's storylines at best.

When was the last time we saw Caroline and Shawn's home? Exactly.

• Members

AAAAAAAAAAAMEN!

Yeah, I'm happy that Deidre and Drake are in spoilers. But I've said it time and time again -- I don't want to see actors and actresses on the screen just for the sake of seeing them. I want them in GOOD story. Simply tossing them in front of the camera isn't going to impress me until they're given something to do -- something that I'm actually interested in watching.

• Members

Yup! If they don't have a home to live in, what are they going to do? Hang out at Chez Rouge... come and go from everyone else's apartments/hotel rooms/homes? What kind of story can they have that is their OWN if they don't have their own home to play it out in?

Even if they do get a new home two weeks from now, I'm still going to be completely pissed at the way it played out. Marlena just ditching it is so out of character and doesn't even make sense within context of the story! She never gave up on him... she always knew he'd wake up. Why'd she still their home?

Archived