DAYS: OH HELL NO!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with Kenny. This is a bad omen for John and Marlena. I'm not even as wild about her Penthouse as I was about her home with Roman, but this is out of character for her, and a bad idea. They have no home. When John wakes up, where will they go to have gauzy, filtered sex? Maybe if the show had given us 5 shows a month of Marlena really not being comfortable in her home, I might agree with this more.

On GH, when Lucky was dead, and Luke had left her, the show would open in the Spencer house with Laura looking very sad and alone in her house. A house she loved. We got to see how sad this house made her. We didn't even need to see flashbacks. The show, with JFP in charge, knew it was important to have that set up when Genie returned, for the Spencers to gather in their own house. JFP craps all over her shows, and she doesn't even own them. Corday does. John wasn't even in a coma for that long!

I am very excited for the returns on DAYS. I am happy to see Bo/Hope, and Marlena/John listed in spoilers. So far, I do not get the vibe that these stories are about John and Marlena though. The hourglass is running out, so I am so hopeful that TPTB pull this off. I want this to be a new era of greatness for DAYS.

Also, Drake did not mention a new home being built for the couple yet, so that tells me there is no such idea in the works at this time.

• Members

Oh, a terrible thought just entered my mind. It's so unthinkable, I don't even really want to put my fears into words.

What if -- in order to pay next month's bills -- Corday sells the Horton Christmas Ornaments?!

• Members

The Penthouse has been a DAYS staple for years...I remembered seeing it in an old episode from like 1990 where the carpet and everything kind of had a neutral green color and like Hope or someone lived there. Or something...

I don't watch DAYS anymore, but I can understand Kenny's frustration. I LOVED the Penthouse Set!

• Members
Well if you must know. :D I still don't care about the Penthouse since I'm not the biggest J&M fan anymore, and I havn't been in a looong time. I simply don't see the greatness about them. They were ones amazing (talking about the 80's early 90's here). Now I mostly wanna FF when they're on, I've felt this way many years now. Sorry, jmo. :unsure:

(Just to add. I don't feel the need to see them in big s/l's all the time. But I still want them on the show for sure, wouldn't be the same without them.)

• Members

Deidre Hall(Marlena) and Drake Hogestyn (John) should most definitely be front burner and it's a disgrace that they've been backburnered to the point that they have. It's also stupid and a slam to John & Marlena fans to no longer have their penthouse set. Maybe it's only temporary, since they're now filming I Wanna Be a Soapstar. I sure hope it's a temporary situation. If not DAYS should have a great new set for a new home for John & Doc!

• Members

Oh, hell no is right!!! that was BLASPHEMY!! AT first, I enjoyed the Penthouse YouTube clip, but the secret room was NOT in that penthouse. The YouTube director got it WRONG.

Ha, and to think: I was actually going to advocate a campaign where viewers send the YouTube link to NBC so they could see the outrage expressed in a fan video on YouTube that makes the show and its audience relevant, since YouTube is all the rage and a media darling!

NOT ANYMORE, BABY!!!

Thanks to that ONE error, its credibility is ruined. The inaccuracy smacks of disrespect to the show's history, Drake Hogestyn, Deidre Hall, "Days of Our Lives," Ken Corday and the cast and crew of this soap.

I think they did more HARM than help! :unsure:

Archived