The time has come for a new head writer and executive producer on ATWT

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know. Does anyone know what Lorraine Broderick is doing these days? And as good as I think Goutman can be, it's kind of useless to bring in a new HW if he's the one controlling the "vision" of the show. The "vision" sucks...there's not even a vision I can distinguish.

• Administrator

Honestly, I would keep Goutman. I think he's a great EP. As for a new HW, I would try to go find a new Hogan Sheffer. Bring someone from outside the industry and pair him/her with Carolyn Culliton.

• Members

I would fire Goutman as well as Jean. EP do outlive their stays on shows. Its been clear since Hogan left this show does not have any type of vision.

I think bringing in someone new would work as well and paired with Richard Culiton.

ATWT definitely is in need of a change, has been in need of a change for a long while.

Out of all the soaps currently, it needs it the most.

• Members

ATWT is easily fixable, the problem is, TPTB don't even try.

ATWT has so many talented writers on its writing staff, it's just that hack that leads the team comes up with horrendous stories and executions.

Should they ditch Goutman, P&G should shift him over to GL and see if he can somehow revive that show.

An ideal situation would be Goutman going over to AMC, but I don't see that happening. He's had years of experience on that show and won an Emmy for direction on AMC in the 90's. In fact, when Felicia Mini-Behr was fired and went over to ATWT, he came along with her and originally worked on ATWT as a director.

• Members

Goutman should definitely stay. ATWT from a production standpoint is great, story wise it could use some work. Leave Goutman, he's a great EP.

Problem with ATWT creatively is it's been trying to continue on the high octane pacing and over the top drama that Hogan Sheffer introduced to the show. And Jean P isn't up to it (and at times, neither was Hogan admittantly). So, do they go back to the sleepy show they were before, go a different direction with its stories, or find someone who can do what Hogan initially did so well.

Archived