All: Whats your favorite Daytime Drama Opening

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ever? Well, the Passions opening has been a favorite of mine, and Days' traditional Hourglass opening I love as well.

I'm not sure of my favorite ever, but other favorites was the OLTL opening from 1985(mabye 1984)-1992 opening, and I liked the ATWT opening with the Earth spinning.

GH's original opening wasn't one of my big favorites but I did like it very much. AMC's latest opening I actually like alot, too.

• Members

Right now? Days classic, and Y&R's look/sound the best IMO. I also really dug the first few months of the current AMC open, before the cuts ruined the flow.

Of all time?

Y&R- camera moving towards/away from cast with cheesy wind blowing hair.

GH- the early couple of years of faces of the heart open, and Monty's racing ambulance.

Guiding Light- The full lighthouse open form the 90's

Edge of Night- the 80's versions

• Members

Sylph, that poll was started about a ayear ago. All the themes arn't the same now as they were then. :)

My fav is actually the new one from ATWT. It makes me realize how boring DAYS opening is. Even though I've always loved it and it's a classic, it's pretty boring and the phrase is quite depressing when you think about it. lol

• Members

My *current* favorite is definitely the DAYS opening... I know some people want the cast added, but I feel like the hourglass is a part of Americana. People see that and they know they're watching Days of Our Lives. If they made it more flashy and added the cast, it'd be to the detriment of the show. Less is more IMO.

Of all time, I'd have to say B&B 1987-2004 (especially the jazzed up version from the early 2000s), GH 1993-2004, GL 1991-2002, and ATWT 1993-1999. The 90s were definitely a good time for soap openings! I also love OLTL 1984-1991, AW 1987-1996, and Y&R 1989-1999 (though that now looks *ridiculous* in retrospect!)

• Members

I think I only like All My Children's currently.

But by fav's are:

GH's earlier years of the faces of the heart opening,

AMC's gold openings

B&B's older openings

Sunset Beach's music and the opening was ok

and

Another World old & new opening.

• Members

I always find it amazing that people complain about soaps needing to get back to the old days and DAYS keeps the same opening all these years and be complain about that. THAT opening is like a cast member.

The new ATWT looks like someone made it in a Jr. High computer class.

GH, AMC, OLTL are basically the exact same thing. AMC just has the photo feel to it while GH adds a bunch of ambulance like lights.

• Members

Of All Time?

The AMC 2002ish one.

I liked the original version of the one they have now. It's become too disjointed since.

Even though I'm ATWT's bitch I've never LOVED their openings. They're good but nothing to write home about.

Archived