All: Whats your favorite Daytime Drama Opening

• Members

Well, I do enjoy AMC's current theme aside from the generic book. Other than that the whole concept really pays tribute to the classic history AMC possesses. With all the photos and such, blending new and old. Love it.

Of all time, definately AMC's classic falling pictures theme from 1990-1995.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

DAYS, Y&R, and AMC have the best current ones...DAYS and Y&R because they have beautiful, classic themes and AMC because it's conceptually well-done and has some interesting effects (the historical photos in the opening, Babe's hair-whisking turn, the drumkick that sends Aidan's picture flying), although they've had problems with updating it seamlessly.

• Members

Currently, I think the top three are Y&R, B&B, and GL. B&B's was SO GREAT when it first debut. It flowed perfectly. GL's was better before they started updating it, but it's kept its flow, I think. Y&R's is great, but nowhere near as great as the classic 80s/90s version.

Of all time...well, that's a lot to think about. Here are some of my faves from each soap...I'll only do current soaps now, because doing them all would take too much time.

GL - Number one favorite of all time is the Hold on to Love opening of the 1990s. Other faves include the original My Guiding Light, the disco opening, and all of the 70s openings (lighthouse visuals and tree visuals).

ATWT - The B/W and color versions of the original, but the orchestrated music is THE BEST. Also love the 80s and 90s openings.

GH - Speeding ambulance.

DAYS - All of them.

OLTL - All of them, 1968-1995. The absolute best, IMO, is 1980-1984 (the sun/birds/clouds one), followed by 1984-1992 (the headshots), and I realllly like the 1992-1995 one, which most people hate.

AMC - All of them, but my two favorites are 1990-1994 and 2002-2004.

Y&R - All of them, but the 1988-1999 and 1973-1984 versions are my favorites.

B&B - Both are wonderful, but the original holds a place in my heart forever.

• Members

I just caught ATWT's new one today, what I don't like are the transitions and how they "go" with the poses, the poses are really static and the transitions are so flashy, I feel something there is jarring. It feels like a caricature of fashion shoot voguing.

Archived