Y&R Discussion: Week of May 7

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We're not arguing about anything new that hasn't been argued before on this board. Dru/Sharon vs Phyllis. Its an argument that others have been particpating in and I said my share and I'm done. Obviously its going to go on forever so theres really no point.

However once again I find you targeting ME. Smug one aren't you? Quite an obsession you're developing.

• Members

I do agree that Phyllis fans tend to demonize Sharon or anyone else who disagrees with Phyllis. It's very hypocritical when you consider Phick got together via an affair, Phyllis brutally murdered a woman by setting her on fire, rolled her car over two others and thats not even the most of it! And she has never paid for anything, so how can you hate on Sharon or Dru who ALWAYS pay for their crimes? In fact I'd argue that they've made MORE.

Sharon thought of having an affair with Cameron and was brutally beaten near death and almost raped. Nick has an affair with Phyllis and he gets a baby. Dru is raped then gets the blame when her husband won't accept her apology for being raped by his brother. What Dru did didn't help her one bit. It saved Neil's relationship with his brother and gave him a daughter who means the world to him.

As for the big photoshoot, if you saw your best friend being attacked by a murderer who has always blackmailed you, wouldn't you try and save her? I'd do anything I could to get my friend away from the sociopath.

Like I said earlier in the thread, Phyllis and the other VILLIANS (yes thats what she is) don't work now because they aren't held accountable. They are propped and other, better people are blamed for their crimes.

My favorite Phyllis by far is Sandra Nelson, if I could get every episode with her I just may give a leg. I just watcheda hilarious episode where Danny, Christine and Phyllis were in New York fighting for Phyllis' murder victims evidence against her. Phyllis had the papers in her coat and Danny shook them off of her, slammed Phyllis on the ground and threw them to Christine who hauled ass to the elevator.

That little scene was set up for weeks within the bigger story of Daniel's custody battle. Thats how in depth the storytelling was with Bill Bell. Now it's just shameful to think of how far the show has fallen. You can't even defend Latham's writing even remotely.

• Members

LMAO.

First of all you're not important enough to be "biased against" or "judgmental of".

That's your swelled sense of importance talkin.

Don't be mad cause you can't disqualify longtime Y&R viewers knowledge of the show cause it doesn't support your warped view of the show & it's characters. :)

• Members

See you're attacking me right there. And yet you accuse me of arguing with you. Such a double standard.

2nd I don't have a warped view of anything. And I could care less if I was as old as a relic and had been watching soaps as long as you or soapsuds.

Last but not least where did I say I wan't to convince people of anything? Where did I say I was important enough to be biased againt? No where. You're lying instead of answering the question.

Do you really think I'm the only one arguing with you....

• Members

I'm NOT arguing for the last time. I simply laid out my reasons as to why I don't hate Phyllis or think shes the monster some people believe she is.

I apologize for saying the "relic" comment. That was mean but I felt attacked and so I attacked back. I guess theres no way I can simply make a point without people attacking me on this board for my opinions (different as they may be).

As for you soapsuds you've hated me from the start. I'm not a bad person however and I truly do enjoy soaps (Y&R and ATWT being in my Top 5). Just because I'm younger and newer to the genre doesn't make me any less important or valueable to the discussion. However I realize thats not what you guys think so I'll stop "arguing" right now.

Its Comic Sans and its Size 3. Its NOT bold. Its only Size 3 so people can see it. I'm sorry if that offends anyone. And if bothers the majority of posters that much I'll stop using Size 3

• Members

First of all...

No one ATTACKED you.

You chose to jump into a disccusion & were repeatedly condescending & obnoxious.

Then chose to enact a victim complex when you couldn't support your assertions while everyone else could.

And Yes you do have a warped view of the show & this isn't the only show and/or thread on this board alone that you have the same problems in either.

Also"old as a relic" isn't arguin?

Last but not least if you didn't want to convince anyone of anything why are you still continuin this "discussion".

Didn't you JUST say you were done?

So who's REALLY the "liar".

...Mhm.

• Members

The attacks keep coming. Read the above post lady. Last but not least I am done. I don't have "a warped view" of the show. Nor was I obnoxious or anything else you said up there.

Did Victoria lose the baby today? I feel very bad for her but at the same time I'm glad since shes free of Brad. I really hope Victoria can become the Victoria I first saw when Heather Tom was playing the role. I liked her version a lot. AH isn't bad persay but shes playing it so much softer. I need her to be a b*tch once in awhile but a loveable one at that.

• Members

Yes you are.

You didn't lay out any reasons. You went on a "Why You Hate Sharon Rant".

Apology Accepted.

That's the thing, no one attacked you.

You felt attacked because you can't accept your character as is & feel that cause others are critical of her that somehow they "hate" the character when that couldn't be further from the truth.

It IS possible to be objective about a character (and/or the show as a whole) while NOT "hatin" on a character.

There is.

If you like Phyllis & dislike Sharon that's perfectly fine.

But the bottom line is that Sharon's a heroine & Phyllis is (at best) an anti-heroine.

Both characters have their strengths & weakness but one shouldn't have to be destroyed to prop the other.

You know the proverb about assumptions?

...Yeah.

No one said you were.

But there are longtime viewers who have watched the show a long time & have a greater handle on the characters & the scope of the show as a whole who shouldn't be dismissed just because they may not support your particular POV.

And you're right. That doesn't mean your opinion is invalid.

But it does mean that longtime viewers are a bit more equipped to understand the strengths & flaws of various characters (as well as the show as a whole).

What we think is beside the point.

If you like the show as it currently is that's your opinion & you're welcome to it.

However, don't be angry and/or condescending with/to those who don't.

• Members

Thank you. Even Michelle Stafford admits when Phyllis is in the wrong. She stated she was shocked when viewers liked Phick and said that Phyllis reasons for blackmailing Brad were 100% selfish with no regard for her sister-in-law (something she and Sharon have in common).

In closing, my favorite quote from Michelle, "Phyllis is not a nice person and she's nuts."

I agree with you Michelle!

Archived