Y&R Discussion: Week of May 7

• Members

No.

Looking at the situation realistically Phyllis CREATED & EXACERBATED a PERSONAL situation at WORK.

This whole "she should've minded her own business" schtick does NOT wash when Phyllis gets & continues to get a FREE PASS for interferin in EVERYTHING.

Sharon had already brought her into the situation by confidin in her so she was already "in" the situation to begin with.

Dru was NOT in the wrong place at the wrong time and it WASN'T her fault.

It was the sociopathic redhead cow's fault.

But as usual when Phyllis interferes it's perfectly acceptable but when anyone else does it, it's "all their fault".

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh please. Dru wasn't BEING anything. She was partly in CHARGE of the shoot AND had been a previous victim of Phyllis constant bullying & harrassing herself which gave her every right to stand up for her BFF.

And if we're talkin nosiness, PHYLLIS is the nosiest character in GC & always has been since the very first day the parasitic B!tch slithered into town.

• Members

If Sharon had gone off the cliff, yes, I would say that it is Phyllis fault. They were the ones that were aruing. But for Drucilla to butt into the conversation and meet her maker, that's her problem. No one else's.

• Members

Sharon DID go over & PHYLLIS proceeded to lie then (and STILL IS) about how it happened.

She said Sharon "just let go" when she SPECIFICALLY told Sharon to let go.

Drucilla didn't butt into anything. She approached them while they were arguin about a situation, Sharon had already involved her in by confidin in her what happened. :rolleyes:

• Members

COME ON NOW! You cannot sit there and tell me that Drucilla didn't butt into the argument. I seem to recall Dru's loud ass screaming at Phyllis on the way over there. Then Dru proceeded to try and grab Phyllis' phone, yes Phyllis' property, and her ass got sent over the cliff. Her actions. Her fault.

• Members

And we thank Bill Bell for taking notice of a character that was only supposed to be short-term and making her long-term! :)

Phyllis' vicious behavior is what makes her an exciting character. Even though she does all this nonsense, a lot of the audience still feels for her.

• Members

Eh No.

She calmly WALKED over (after endin HER call on HER phone) & asked what was goin on.

Then as Sharon & she started grabbin the phone when Phyllis begin to dial Jack (which she had been threatenin to do after Drucilla refused to allow her to intimidate Sharon in any other manner)

Phyllis then began pullin backwards causin the other two to go over the cliff.

Phyllis actions. Phyllis fault.

Period.

• Members

I don't feel for her. I'm frustrated by her.

Phyllis took such a pleasure out of torturing Sharon/Brad because of their ONS, but these days, she's a sniveling mess; smearing her mascara for sympathy. If she is going to be the baddest chick, stop with the crocdile tears. It's so weak and pretentious coming from. This bitch acted like she was entitled to judge but now that she's been caught, she wants to go back into the ocrner, waiting on someone to rescue her. The real Phyllis would fight her way out by any means necessary. Instead, she just comes off as this bi polar flake, switching personalities depending on who is taking in her performance.

My favorite incarnation of the chararacter is when Michelle returned in 2000 with the short hair cut. She still had her edge but there was a much needed vulnerability. These days, it's whiplash keeping up with her persona changes. She's a monster on Monday, but needy on Tuesday. This rinse, wash, repeat cycle is making my head hurt.

• Members

WORD

I'll say it now and I've said it before, LATHAM IS PATHETIC AT WRITING FOR WOMEN.

One of the few things Alden and Smith did right was their writing for Phyllis, she was fierce and strong under them. Latham has no idea where to go with such a dynamic character, which was also a problem she had with Dru.

Archived