PSNS: Juliet Mills and Emily Harper confirm they will shift to DirecTV

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The first thing TPTB should've done at the announcement was have Lindsay stay on during the shift. If she goes, you're better off writing out Theresa all together because there's almost no way a Theresa recast is going to be well-received unless she's the best actress in the world and really gets the character.

• Members

all this speculation and contract signing is fine, but....

how man of you even HAVE directtv???

i don't, and i'm not switiching just to pick up PASSIONS. who on this board definitely has directtv or is definitely going to switch???

i'm guessing the number is pathetically small.

• Members

DirecTV knows they aren't going to get the full audience NBC gets. They factored this in. Otherwise, they wouldn't have picked up the show in the first place.

And I am jealous of you. I don't even have the option of getting DirecTV, but if I did, I would be all over it.

• Members

Priscilla Garita(ex-Gabi, BEACH) proved that even THERESA can be replaceable.

I much prefer her version to Hartley's, but that is just a matter of opinion. Garita played it less manic, more devious. I think Garita played it the way many Theresa Haters/Gwen Supporters/General Observers see Theresa. I find myself rooting for a character way more when they just pretty much admit to themselves that they are bitches, instead of trying to play 24/7 victim with themselves.

I think Harley is a wonderful actress, but I hate the way the character is written.

ETA: Should also mention that I think Hartley has her followers and that Hartley undoubtedly IS the face of PASSIONS. The show will suffer without her. But I still believe that even SHE is replaceable.

• Members

I, personally, hated Garita as Theresa. She played the character exactly the way people gripe about Passions characters, as completely one-note. Yes, Theresa's done some messed up stuff, but there are so many other facets about the character that Garita just was incapable of portraying in the short time she was in the role. I think Passions needs Lindsay more than she needs it, but at the same time what's Theresa without Lindsay?

• Members

I agree. I like Garita but part of the appeal of Theresa is that no matter what she does, she still maintain her rootability. I mean, it's of because of Lindsey's acting that we have all the heated debates and so on because she makes it hard to root against her. She IS Passions and they may as well go off without her. She has such vulnerability and her range is impeccable.

She and Harper have huge futures. Part of me just wants Lindsey to leave the show because she is just too good for it. She has been for years. I feel the same about Harper. However, if Lindsey left there goes most of Passions fans because she has a HUGE fanbase.

• Members

garita was lousy as theresa -- the show wasn't the same when she was on.

HOWEVER, all this talk about how incredible hartley is??? completely overblown.

if she were THAT great, someone else (movies, primetime, more) would have noticed by now -- and they haven't. she's a decent actress, but this is no meryl streep. some of you go on about her like she's the frickin second coming.

• Members

Not necessarily true...some of the best actors and actresses don't make it big in primetime and films...there are so many factors involved in the process

For instance, Jesse Metcalfe probably is the most well-known Passions former cast member, yet he's one of the worst in terms of acting skills.

I will say that the show would lose a good amount if Hartley leaves, but I think she would be replaceable. I would not have said that over a year ago. Now, there may be time for a re-definition of the character. Lindsay's looked bored for almost a year, and Theresa has lost a lot of her luster.

Archived