GH: Friday

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah I'm kinda curious about that statement as well...what does Steve Burton have to do with Jason & Carly never getting together? Plus Jason should be with Elizabeth. Let Sonny and Carly get together in unholy matrimony. They deserve each other.

Just please get Jax and Skye together ASAP!

• Members

I enjoyed the epsiode, especially Spinelli dancing with Lulu in his dreams.

Elizabeth couldn't be more obvious than if she had neon signs pointing to her belly.

Jax/Skye, Jax/Brenda and Sonny/Brenda have always been favorites of mine.

I hate LW's Carly. The character and portrayal is just too unlikable.

• Members

Steve Burton has been fighting J&C getting together as a couple for years. At one time he had Tamara Braun on his side and they both had agreed J&C didn't have that type of relationship and were better off as friends than lovers. He has also stated that it would bring the type of conflict between Jason and Sonny that he didn't want.

IIRC, when Laura came on as Carly, she would of opted for J&C, actually tried to push Steve to do J&C, but he still refused to make it happen.

Until Steve leaves the role as Jason, fans won't be getting J&C - Steve will veto it every time. He'll walk first, and though many fans may say "There's the door...." those in charge seem to be complying to Steve's wishes.

Just like we won't be seeing Jason Quartermaine again, if Steve has any imput. He'll quit first and he has stated so numerous times. He likes that Jason is an enforcer and doesn't want to go back to reindeer sweaters ever again. He's not always in agreement about Jason and Sonny at odds and conflict in their relationship - hence why no J&C.

It's Steve being Steve and it has been for years.

As a fan, I'll take J&C anyway I can get them.

ETA: Though I never quite understood him, because they did Sonny/Sam/Jason and did the Sonny/Mob/Jason story but he refuses to do a story with Sonny/Carly/Jason. But W/E it's Steve and I have come to accept it. He just doesn't see Carly and Jason *THAT* way - he sees them as friends and wants it to stay that way. And in some ways I agree with him, especially with this writing regime - though they are Guza's baby, married couples/happy couples don't last very long on this show. At least if J&C stay friends, they seem to be immune to the death warrant that many other pairs have signed.

• Members

No kidding. That's why I haven't been jumping for joy over this wedding. Weddings are ALWAYS portents of disaster on GH. A fan should look forward to their couple getting married, but every time it happens on GH I just shudder. In fact, I was actually happy when S&C got married this time around cuz I knew it meant they were screwed. :lol:

• Members

IA with him. Jason and Sarah Brown's Carly had tons of sexual chemistry and I really wanted them as a couple. Jason and the recasts just dont click as well. He and LW's Carly aremore like brother/sister and I dont want to see that line crossed. As far as Sonny, well Im guessing Steve started to feel this way when TB took over as Carly bc when he returned to the show in 2002, she was the one in the role and that couple got big during his time off. He didnt have the same chemistry that he had with Sarah and its best they didnt revisit J&C

• Members

I sorta agree with him about Carly and Jason being better off as friends but another part of me is interested in seeing a relationship between the two of them. That is if two have chemistry and its developed in the right way you know?

What I don't agree with is not seeing Jason Quartermaine. Burton would look so HOT doing the PREP 4 PREP look. He just needs the right person to help him select the wardrobe. I'm kinda sick of seeing Jason in all this thugged out gangsta wear that hes fond of these days.

On a last note its shocking to me how one actor has so much power on a show over what his character does and doesn't do/get involved in. Absolutely astounding. This is the first time I'm hearing about any of this so thanks for the info.

• Members

I'm still in shock that the wedding actually happened, but I absolutely loved it and the 95% of the episode. I could have done without the continuing saga of Lulu and her annoying band of merry suitors, and Sonny and his woe is me pity party, but this is GH.

I thought LW and IR were great and both looked fabulous. The Carly & Alexis air kiss was hysterical and typical of the two characters, I thought. It was nice seeing the cast integration, although I was hoping for some Jax & Ned airtime. I'll guess I'll hold out hope for Monday before I start venting about that. I loved that J&C dance at the end. It brought out all of my old J&C love. Despite everything, I think they'll always be my OTP.

• Members

In regard to the whole Sonny/Jason/Common Woman conflict, I totally agree, I mean, Steve and Vanessa Marcil seemed all too comfortable playing Brazen (Brenda/Jason) and even seemed to enjoy the overtones of their relationship. I know that Jason and Brenda couldn't stand each other, but Steve and Vanessa's chemistry was phenomenal. It had ME buying into whole Brazen concept -- and I don't do contrived INSTAcouples, which Brazen was.

Also, I'm surprised Steve played the whole Journey situation, being that Courtney was Sonny's sister. Especially since Steve and Alicia Leigh had no chemistry at all.

• Members

Well not sure if I got this...but for some reason or another Robin has to be with Nikolas to make sure he does not have any bad reactions to the drug or whatever he is giving Nikolas to counter act the evil drug. To do this Robin must live with Nik and to do that justice then Robin has to live at Wyndmere. Plus Mr. Craig likes being evil and screwing with everyone for giggles.

• Members

i thought the reception was SEVERELY underpopulated.

it never looked as if there were more than 20 people at the whole frickin wedding. cheap bastards.

couldn't a FEW more lines have been thrown jacklyn zeman's way? as carly's mother, she had about 3 lines, and that is PATHETIC. seeing actresses like JZ and leslie charleson get pushed to the side so that laura wright can get 40 pages of dialogue burns me up.

count me in as someone who's already tired of lulu and the threesome act. it's TIRED, and a little bit of spinelli goes a VERY long way.

Archived