GL-Where Morgan Englund????!!!

• Members

I know, I just started back watching Guiding Light after about 6 or 7 years away, but Brian Gaskill is not Dylan to me, I don't fill the history with him playing Dylan Shayne Lewis!!! All My Children need to call him asap and make him an offer he can't refuse for the role of Bobby Warner, so Morgan Englund can come home to GL. Way off-topic, but Billy has a huge stomach, i was looking at it today. Billy has aged a little but he still looks great. I am enjoying everything with GL right now, but could someone tell who Gus is??

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It is a shame that B&B never really gave him a chance...but hey that's there MO with stars. I did read somewhere that Gaskill has fired Michael Bruno as his manager and has resigned with his former manager who got him the gigs on AMC and PC. I wouldn't be surprised if he and his family moved back to Los Angeles, but I would LOVE to see him back on AMC as Bobby Warner.

• Members

I'm not protesting the recast. Morgan Englund was at best, passable. I'm just saying Brian Gaskill doesn't work in the role. He doesn't seem to fit into the Lewis family, and he hasn't thrown off a "paternal" vibe yet.

I just realized I hate that they're calling Susan "Daisy". And did I miss any mention of her adoptive father Jim LeMay? I don't even know what last name she's going by.

Gus Aitoro (aka Nick August) is a former fed who came to town. He annoyed everyone for about two years, then fell in love with Harley. I still don't like him. He's Alan's son, but they never talk, and he stays far away from the Spaulding clan in general.

• Members

To me BG has been shoved down our throats to the point where I do not care: AMC, PC, B&B, ATWT & GL! I mean did they think he would bring this huge fanbase following, what's next Lynn Marie is going to swoop him up.

Was it ever revealed or reported that Morgan Englund turned down returning to the role? He's not the greatest actor ever to grace my TV, but when compared to the likes of BG he is. And from the way they have been writing Dylan lately it would assume this role is only recurring and it would have been easy for ME to return! OYE! GL you kill me sometimes, really kill me!!!

• Members

No, no, no - GL HAS TO KEEP HIM!

Simply for the fact that I don't want him anywhere near a soap that I watch. This one he stunk up airtime on B&B was a nightmare. Next thing he'd pop up on Y&R in a frontburner role if GL ditches him... Therefore: Keep him. ALthough I know that this a mean thing to wish because Gaskill is absolutely horrendous.

• Members

I don’t post here often because of the negativity I read in posts. However, I believe Brian Gaskill is a much better actor than most posters in here are inclined to rate him. I’ve enjoyed the time he’s played Dylan on GL, and I hope to continue watching him in the role. For fans of Morgan Englund…why would you want him to give up a full-time job in LA to fly back and forth to NY for a recurring role? I’ve only been posting on the internet for five years, but I think we all tend to forget that these actors are people, too…and that they see and feel just like you and I do. As for Brian switching managers, I’m not seeing that now…he has to remain with Bruno as long as GL needs him as Dylan. Bruno specializes in daytime, whereas Brian’s former manager worked with that and primetime, etc. If you’re playing a recurring role, it pays to explore your options and see what else is out there in the casting world. I could see Brian doing that.

Loretta

Archived