Days: Tuesday, April 24th

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lol, you beat me to the punch Josh, I was just getting ready to post a rant about Stephanie and her “papa.” I find it very annoying, and I keep expecting her to burst out and sing that Babara Streisand song, "Papa... Can you hear me? Papa, can you see me? Papa can you find me in the night? Papa are you near me? Papa, can you hear me? Papa, can you help me not be frightened? "

• Members

LOL!! How funny. It just does not sound natural for a seventeen or however old Stephanie is to call Steve "Poppa" is she going to start calling Kayla "Momma" or "Mam". LOL! "Daddy" would sound so much better!!

• Members

I so agree. April has been a solid month but Friday upped the ante big time. That was the turnaround, just like J&M wedding began the turnaround back in December, You definitely feel movement everyday and things just feel different. The show has began to rise back to the levels it was at a few months ago.

Stephanie/Steve was my favorite part today. Heartbreaking. SN was amazing in those scenes. He expressed himself well in those scenes and played all the right beats. NuStephanie rocks. I don't understand why people are complaing about her calling Steve "papa." Bo calls Shawn Sr "pop." I hear people call their dad or moms names like that all the time. It's cure and endearing and everytime I hear her call Steve that it helps me connect emotionally with their relationship. I already feel so much of a connection with nuStephanie and with her relationships with other characters, especially Steve and Kayla. I am loving her and it was great to see Bo. Too bad Bo and Kayla are siblings because they have great chemistry. Loved seeing feisty Kayla and Dr. Granger is creepy as hell. He reminds me of Rolf a bit. I am glad to see this story kicking into gear.

Shawn/Gabby was filler bit I was happy to see a montage. It was short but nice. BB was good today and he expressed good emotion in his scenes. I do like Bisco but there just isn't a need for her.

Kate/Lucas/Sami was hilarious. Kate with the axe, all the one liners, Kate's face when she walked out of the shower, Lucas and Kate in bed and his saying she needs a therapist, etc. It was great. Sami/Celeste in the beginning was intense as well. This story is finally moving. I also liked Sami's flashback to EJ in the fire and how it was shown over her face reacting to having the flashback. That was good editing and a good scene. Nice tension there.

Everything is just starting to move and I feel we are in for a big sweeps and big summer. Plus, we had John, Abe, and Roman yesterday and we had Bo today. Tomarrow we get Bo, John, and Marlena. The balance this week is better and Chelsea/Nick/Willow are getting a much needed break. It's been a great week so far.

• Members

Anyone notice that the NBC soaps still resemble each other, even without JER helming both shows? I mean, how crazy is it that the SAME day Ethan axed his way into the blackmailer's nook (on "Passions") Kay axes her way into Lucas' hotel room!

Anyway, Lucas' hotel room door looks VERY familiar. Is that not the same door for Titan or some other business? I don't know it was just a poor recycle for me. Didn't look like a hotel room.

• Members

Oh, my GOD!!! Belle left a "DEAR JOHN" letter?!!! YOU BITCH!!! And this montage is just too heartbreaking.

Shawn, if by some chance you do find Belle after this, really, don't forgive her! How could anyone forgive a woman who leaves him a Dear John letter and takes off with their baby?

What a cold, calculating, manipulative shrew!

• Members

Didn't see this episode, but I have to say- what the frack is the problem with Stephanie calling Steve 'papa'? Steve is a unique character and Daddy is way to sweet and bland for someone like him. Plus, he's always been Papa, historically. It's acute and endearing, as Tim said.

Archived