Y&R: Sharon Case Staying in Genoa City!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why does it seem like Sharon Case always has contract problems at the end of her cycles. It's like a tradition or something. At least this time, we don't have to send Sharon out of town like they do every other time.

• Members

Seems like it went pretty smoothly this time didn't it? I figured she was going to be in a coma for months either from falling into the river or a plane crash or whatever. I'm just glad she's staying. I've gotten used to her over the years. It would have been a huge loss right on the heels of VR.

• Members

She didn't have much trouble this go around! In fact I would think this was the smoothest contract she has signed to date! The only stuff we heard about was that she MIGHT jump ship to an ABC soap to work with Jack Smith again, however that was in ABC/CBS: SID so I don't know if there were any truth to it at all!!

It's not so much the Brad/Sharon pairing...I however HATE, LOATHE Brad Carlton!

• Members

ITA with you. I read a thread on another board (forget which one) that states there was some "speculation" about JM's contract and the goal is to put him back as a leading man. PHICK doesn't allow him to do that...he's overshadowed by MS. I would agree with this, since MS is just too strong of an actress and the character Phyllis is to powerful and strong for JM/Nick.

Nick is better suited with Sharon, there's more romance and leading man potential. He's just an accessory with Phyllis.

• Members

I think the phick relationship is overshadowed by phyllis. she is too strong for nick, there's no power there. when she is with jack

the power is more leveled and they bring out the best and worst and each other and have some great power struggles but with nick and sharon they have the same level of power and with nick and phyllis she is up here and he is down here. There were some neg. problems with joshua morrow, it was told that if he didnt take a big paycut then they would be killing him off but he resigned. and yes I do agree his storyline with phyllis is too strong for him. he can't handle phyllis and it's showing., he doesnt have much a story with her.

Archived