Switched to Direct TV

Bree

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've had DirecTV since 2001 and we love it. It rarely goes out and it has to REALLY be storming outside for it to go out. And on the plus side, when Hurricane's hit we don't lose cable for weeks. Of course we lose electricity but the TV is there when we use the generator so ... that's always a plus I suppose :/

You'll love it Bree. I love Chiller and Sleuth and TV One (airs Hanging with Mr Cooper, Good Times, New York Undercover, and more). Overall, it's a good choice. We pay $67 a month (was 66 but the package changed and was increased a buck thanks to taxes), but that's only because we have two extra receivers, which are $5 a piece.

DirecTV also offers TiVo in it's receiver if you wanted it (although I have that separately) but I'm not sure how much extra that would be.

• Members

It's so good you repeated it :)

Just teasing Scotty ...

Yeah, not too bad. I'm hoping to move out this year and will likely have to get cable :/ and frankly, digital cable is just about the same for lesser service and unreliability. Not looking forward to it.

• Members

We had our DirectTV hooked up on Thursday. I love it so far. We get HBO and Skinemax free for 3 months. The only downfall is that we don't get the CW and since I"m a huge GG's fan it sucks. Other then that I'm happy we switched. Comcast was getting so expensive. We paid $60 a month for expanded basic digital cable.

Archived