Y&R: Discussion the Week of March 5th

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is what I crack up on:

Phyllis wants to rake Michael over the coals about what he did; as being the most 'unforgiveable' thing.. that she could not forgive him...but ummmm, Phyllis is just as devious and calculating as he is...Isn't this the same woman that tried to kill some of her enemies in G.C? :lol::lol:

• Members

OK, so I tuned into Monday's episode b/c I was Fast Forwarding through it and it actually looked good. I will say I'll be watching this week, but the episode was uneven in general. Some notes:

---LOVE Jack running for the senate. Even though I find Victor annoying in this whole thing, it was HILARIOUS when Jack announced at his press conference that one of his first orders of business would be to donate land originally purchased for an NVP retreat and instead, have it be for public use. The look on Nikki's face was priceless

----BLECH, there's PodVictoria, agreeing to be Phylis's maid of honor and skulking over Sharon. Business sense maybe, but FASHION sense? OY! Who dressed Amelia today anyway? The painful brother/sister scenes between she & Nick only further pointed out why I miss Heather Tom so much. And gross that Nick said that Brad had Sharon (his ex-wife) and Victwhoria (his sister) at his disposal, and that Brad is more likely in 'lust' with Sharon than in love with her.

----Did anyone else :lol::lol::lol: their arse off at BRAD announcing that Jack was untrustworthy and THEY (himself, Sharon, Victwhoria, and Nick) shouldn't give him their vote? I had no idea Brad was so interested in politics........

----Is Jack running as a republican or a democrat? I'd always figured republican, but with all that talk about the environment.....

----Poor Drucilla/Victoria Rowell. She's been relegated to running around, wailing and howling, acting like Jamie Lyn Bauer's Laura Horton on DAYS in the 90s. "KRI-STEN is E-VIL JOHN. WHY WON'T AN-Y-ONE BE-LIEVE ME?" was all I could think of. I never liked Marisa Ramirez's Carmen, but did appreciate the conflict she caused, specifically with Drucilla. Ines is like Carmen with the volume down two notches. Just as annoying, just can't hear her as well. Either way, while I can't say I'm enjoying the storyline, I can't help but watch it..........

---For every bit that Dru is Laura, Neil matches her as the John Black in this storyline. You wanna talk about dense.......He should've been beating David's face in, for what he & Ines have so obviously done......Instead, these two idiots are leading Mr. Winters around by the nose, and all he can do is tell Dru to calm down and give Devon a few bucks to purchase Inez a soft drink...... :rolleyes:

----YAYYYY!!! Phyllis/Nikki!!!!!! And YAYYYY!!! REALPhyllis today! I almost couldn't believe it myself.......

---One Last thing...............

BRAD & SHARON 4EVER.......there's a HOTNESS ON Y&R---- SHRAD IS THY NAME!!!!

• Members

:lol:

Brad & Sharon are indeed pure hotness. IMO, it has more to do with Sharon Case, who like Peter Bergman can make any pairing work. They're chemistry enough alone... Hating UnVictoria like never before: She's written so extremely dumb.

Love seeing Nikki for the b*tch she really is. Annoying shrewd. Hate her to pieces. Or to paraphrase: LOVE to HATE her which at least makes me an engaged viewers.

Phyllis meanhwile can got to hell. I'm done with the character and Michelle Stafford - waste of time. Period.

Still don't liking ANY STORY at all. The show is a huuuuuge mess. So boring with only little pieces of interest for me.

• Members

After hating the Pimping of Sharon -- and therefore Sharon herself -- during the Jack Smith years, I have to say that LML has done *one thing* and that is make me actually like Sharon. I always thought Sharon was a snooty, little hypocrite c*cktease so admitting this is, like, a big step for me!

Having said that, NOTHING, not even Sharon Case's charms, can ever make me like the slab of macho meat passing as Brad these days. Nothing. Killer Thighs is charisma-free and, on a show overflowing with charisma, it just stands out even more. Daddy Goat Victor has more chemistry in scenes involving paper frigging snowflakes than Brad has with actual actors.

Love Nikki. LOVE B!tch Nikki even more.

• Members

I didn’t say, Sharon makes me like Brad. I just meant the pairing could be hot – just lookswise.

I sure do loathe Brad as much as most of you but there is still TWO dudes that grate on my nerves even more. JeffreyDud who hopefully gets Prison Break treatment behind bars as nasty and violent as possible and that scumbag David Chow who seems to be one LML’s pet peeves and has a free pass even for the despicable stunts he pulled on Dru.

Line of the week already came from Jack BTW: "Me? I discovered girls a long time ago..." :lol:

• Members

Ain't that the truth! All pumped up to be let down....continually. <_<

I thought once Ines was outed, not only would Dru be proven sane as one can be in Genoas City, but she'd get some vindication. NO. Instead she's made to look even MORE like a screaming, whining, out of control nutty shrew with this guilty as sin !@#$%^&*] Ines passing judgment on her and idolizing her skank cousin in the process. So I'm like, "WTF happened HERE?" :rolleyes: The whole storyline is stupid beyond reason. Someone pointed out yesterday how it is so terribly unbelievable that NO ONE saw this woman in Genoa City that looked EXACTLY like the murdered ho that was all over the news. And with David being Jack's campaign manager now, I'm sure it's safe to say he'll never have to pay for what he and Ines did to Dru and her family.

I LOVE Nikki. Always have, always will. I've been irritated by her as of late though. All they've had her doing for quite a while is sniping at Sharon or in little throwaway scenes with Victor. I want her frontburner again and thank God it's not another Nikki/Victor/Ashley storyline! That's been way overdone through the years.

I like Phyllis, but she got her damn nerve condemning Michael and Lauren. I do believe they should have told her, especially since Sheila was skulking around wearing her face, but she's really taken this grudge where it didn't need taking. She doesn't exactly have a multitude of friends at her disposal after what she's done through the years.

• Members

At some point along the way Sharon became very sympathetic to me. I think it was Cassie's death and the affair (I do love Phick though). Then the friendship with Dru is just icing on the cake. Sharon went from being this spoiled Newman Princess to being someone who seems to really care about other people. There's this vulnerability about her now that makes her so much more likable now than she ever was under Jack Smith, except maybe when Cameron was coming after her.

As far as David goes, I don't blame him that much for going after Dru. Sure, I love Dru and I have a 15 year relationship with the character (or however long it's been since she showed up on Mami's doorstep). However, no one can steal your husband, if he doesn't want to be stolen. People aren't posessions. Carmen did not rape Neil, he came panting after her and that did not give Dru the right to go after Carmen the way she did. I really feel Neil is the one getting off too easy in all of this.

David thought that Dru killed Carmen and was letting her own son take the fall. Sure he should pay in some way for scarring Dru, but it's far from the worst thing a soap characters ever done. It's far from the worst thing Dru's ever done, imo.

I'm bummed Marrisa Ramirez is back. I was so relieved when she was written off last time. Oh well, maybe this new character will be more likable

• Members

^^ I agree, it was the friendship with Dru that did it for me. That and Cassie.

And I like that her vulnerability is rather stoic -- you know, some days aren't so great but Sharon keeps going. I mean, working with Phyllis? And seeing the Newman's essentially choose Phyllis over her? Must have hurt -- badly. If this happened to me IRL, I would have felt abandoned, betrayed and so alone. But instead of hiding away, crying and rocking in the fetal position, Sharon decided to just get on with her new life and make the best of it. She's vulnerable, but she's not a pushover.

With the Cameron thing, Sharon was always crying and wimpering "It's not my fault! Don't tell Nick!" She appeared completely weak and passive, turning to Nikki to clean up her mess for her. Not sure whether today's Sharon would do that. Thank goodness.

• Members

I liked the business stuff today. Y&R should just stick with the business politics because that's where it thrives. I can see that Phyllis is going to get REALLY Annoying as the days go by... Beth Maitand was great today. I loved the Traci/Colleen scenes. I hope Traci gets to do more than just cry though? And the ending was pretty cool.

Archived