Y&R: Discussion the Week of March 5th

• Members

Traci is so fierce, why do they tease us with her? Maitland's show The War At Home will most likely be cancelled so they need to sign her to a long time contract fast! She is just a brilliant actress who adds so much to the show.

I'd love to see Brad go after her (and her money) again once Victoria and the Newmans kick his sorry ass to the curb.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

PERFECT SHOW

Today's show was the best I have seen in a LONG LONG LONG time. Everything was dead on, Amber didn't even annoy me today. The end of every scene was perfect. I loved the background music as well, it was a nice change.

Perfect Balance between Family/Business Drama

• Members

TPTB HATE Vicky Rowell.

Which is absolutely abominable given she's a vet, is one of Y&R's all time BIGGEST stars & has contributed immensly to the show over the years.

Wait. What has Drucilla EVER done to warrant ANY of what David & Ines did to her?

• Members

^^ Well, How about breaking into Carmen's home and cutting up her clothes? Dru physically attacking Carmen was pretty over the top too. She had the woman in a head lock for god's sake. She was also making it impossible for Carmen to work at Newman. Dru pretty much yelled at Carmen everytime she saw her, which is unacceptable in the work place. If someone did that to someone I loved and I thought they had killed her, I'd be out for a little revenge too. Like I said, Carmen couldn't have gone after Neil, if Neil hadn't opened the door wide for her. As far as I'm concerned he's the one getting off scott free in all this, while Carmen and Dru have paid.

I'm not exactly clear on what David and Innes did though. Was Innes in Dru's apartment moving things around? Or did seeing Innes stress Dru out so much that she started to lose it a little. I'd like to know exactly what they did, but as much as I like Dru, I really don't fault Innes and David for doing things like buying Dru the shirt of Carmen's that Dru cut up. Dru had no right to do that and I think she deserved a little payback. If she wanted to go off on someone it should have been the man who made vows to her in the first place. He's the one who owed her something, not Carmen.

• Members

So wait a minute....Dru was wrong for letting a ho know she wasn't about to just hustle her way into her marriage? I agree she took it to the limit a couple of times, (although when she got the maid to let her into Carmen's place and cut up the clothes, she was stone cold DRUNK) but only after Carmen just KEPT up after Neil just to spite Dru. She didn't want that man. She was slightly interested, but after being confronted by the wife, the thrill of the pursuit and her own ego kept her at it. I agree Neil was a mess in this whole thing and I couldn't STAND the way he was acting throughout. Too many times he put the feelings of Carmen over his own wife. HOWEVER, how can you fault Dru for taking matters into her own hands, but then pretty much say it was ok for David and Ines (and yourself if it happened to someone you loved) to take matters in their/your own hands? Huh? :huh:

For starters, Ines slashed her tires. Dru and Sharon came down to the parking garage and her rims were sitting on concrete. Dru immediately blamed David, then he shows up saying he was at the bank in Newman Towers and has a receipt to prove what time her was there. Of course he was, because he and Ines had it all planned that way. She slashes the tires while he's at the bank giving him the alibi. They probably followed Dru and Sharon that day. Again, you have Dru in the wrong for cutting up Carmen's clothes, but not only did Ines cut up all of Dru's clothes by breaking into her home, she also stole her PDA and credit cards and charged a shirt to one of them. Ines was in there moving things around to make Dru appear crazy. Came in the same way she did when she cut up the clothes. These are all crimes punishable by law. So by your own words, if Dru had no right, neither did they. Dru has suffered for this mess a whole lot more than she should have. All of this is WHOLE LOT MORE than "a little payback". Carmen's snooty behind got killed because she did the same thing she ALWAYS did, come barging into somewhere unannounced and uninvited, then acting like she had control of a situation that was none of her damn business. Her death had nothing to do with Drucilla.

• Members

It's not as if I'm saying David and Innes are totally right and Dru is totally wrong. No where did I say that. My point is that Dru started in with the physical violence and intimidation. David and Innes have given her a taste of her own medicine. They had pretty good reason to think that Dru KILLED her. Dru herself has said she feels she deserves it for what she did to Carmen. And I have to say, that I don't think that Carmen going after Neil justifies anything that Dru did. Neil is the one that gave Carmen play. She couldn't have gotten anywhere with him otherwise.

Also I didn't say I thought I would be right to physically go after someone for cheating with my husband. I said I would want to go after someone for killing someone in my family. That may not be right but this is how I would feel. Someone killing someone in my family is a lot worse than anything Carmen did to Dru, especially since it was Dru's lies that pushed Neil towards Carmen in the first place.

• Members

Bridezilla came out early for Phyllis on yesterday's episode..... :lol::lol::lol: and just her snotty comment to Lauren when she first saw her "What are you doing here?" has we rolling a little bit.

I am soooo sick of Amber and her getting Daniel roped in her stupid little schemes to hold on to Cane...It's obvious as she's good for is being his bed buddy, not a spouse (she'll never me wife material, she needs to get that in her head)....Besides, I can't wait till the rug is pulled out from under her.

• Members

Aaaarrgghhh! I couldn't get on here all day yesterday! What happened?

Anyhoo, this still all boils down to two wrongs don't make a right. They THOUGHT Dru killed Carmen. Dru said she feels she deserves it, but would she feel that way if she knew for a fact that David and Ines were in cahoots for sure? H to the NO. :lol: That little "I apologize for falsely accusing you David" line yesterday had me ready to crack my tv screen in two. <_< I understand how they (or anyone) would feel they need to do something about proving Dru's assumed guilt. But the solution is to go through the proper legal channels. Not run around town committing one illegal act right after another like two idiot juvenile delinquents. What they did and how they went about it is worse than Dru putting Carmen in a headlock and cutting up some clothes. :huh: Where is the justice in any of this? Has Dru not paid and paid dearly enough? Jail, court ordered mandatory psychotherapy, the loss of her job, a murder charge, her son then being charged, defamation of character. And the clincher......The woman ended up with everyone in town, including her own husband and children, turned against her while she laid drugged up and strapped to a bed in a psych ward. Something like that has long term effects. Doesn't matter if people LATER find out you were as sane as the next person. And in the end, Carmen being dead STILL had not a single solitary connection to Dru. These two fools weren't in town and knew nothing about what Carmen had been doing while she was there.

And Ines gets to go back home and David gets to run Jack's campaign for Senator. Neither of them having to pay for any of their crimes.

This question is to the general pop....I have to ask, what do you do when faced with someone actively pursuing your significant other? I'm not saying put them in a headlock, :lol: but what would you do? Do you sit idly by? How many people would actually do NOTHING, say NOTHING if they saw someone after their husband? And wait a second, once you've told the woman once to back off, then she really turns the pursuit up a few notches. This wouldn't piss you off? I find it very hard to believe everyone would put their faith in their husband (especially if the marriage was going through a rough spot) and just let things work their way out. It's one thing to say, "I would never do something like that" and quite another when it's happening to YOU. ;)

• Members

Here is where I feel Neil is to blame and Dru should have kicked him to the curb though. I can't say what I would do for sure because I haven't been in the position, but I think my reaction would be to kick my husband out and tell him to make up his damn mind, not go after the other woman. You just can't control other people be it the woman or your husband, but you can choose what you do. I really resented Neil when he was "dating" Carmen and make no mistake that's what he was doing at one point. He was building up Dru's fears and insecurities and using Carmen to do it, imo. Maybe he wasn't doing it maliciously, but any fool could see that's what was happening. I really felt like Neil should have had a formal seperation from Dru if he really couldn't forgive her for keeping the secret about Lily from him because in my mind it was not knowing what he was going to do and seeing him slowly slip away that drove her to the extreme with Carmen.

All that said, I just cannot BELIEVE MR is back. I was so relieved when she was written off, I should have known it was to good to be true. I didn't like her as Gia on GH, I didn't like her as Carmen and I really don't think there's much chance I'm going to like her as Innes either. :rolleyes:

• Members

Oh, we definitely see eye-to-eye on all the above. :D I'm co-signing all of that.

;)

I'm bored with today's show. How about Brad saying that Nick has never earned an honest dollar in his life and that he didn't have to work to get anything...he just inherited it from his rich father? This coming from a man that slept through the rich women of Genoa City to get where he is today? :rolleyes: What a turd.

Phyllis is getting on my nerves. And so is her eldest offspring with this stupid naughty website.

• Members

P-R-E-A-C-H.

Some of Dru's methods were wrong, but her reasons for takin action were TOTALLY on the money.

And if she deserves 'karma' for protectin her marriage then David/Ines deserve a HUGE karmic smackdown of EPIC proportions.

But of course Dru doesn't deserve vindication cause "The Crazy Black Broad Needs To Know & Should Stay In Her Place".

• Members

YAWN.

As soon as I saw Rocky, I immediately thought JILL'S BIO SON. I don't know why, but I can just see it happening.

The petty Victoria/Brad, Nick/Phyllis, and Sharon/Jack stuff was BLAHHHH. I'm all for character driven stuff, but I hate plot driven and contrived circumstances.

And Daniel.....Okay Michael RUN RUN RUN. Now Michael G. looks BORED in his scenes with Amber. I can see him laughing at this stupid material.

ETA: I think I wouldn't mind Amber so much if it was a different actress in the role.

BTW:

Thad Luckinbill has been added to the cast of CBS' cop soap "Protect and Serve."

• Members

I almost turned the channel completely today due to the Daniel/Scamber crap, I just got this pervy vibe when watching Daniel's scenes. It's also tiring to watch Scamber always going after underage and barely legal guys, the Scamber and younger men angle is seriously getting old fast.....

I don't think I would mind as much either, the way Adrienne Frantz portrays Scamber makes me go.....badtaste%20(9).gif

• Members

Is that not the stupidest **** you've ever seen? I wonder who thought this up. Could it be the brillant Latham? :rolleyes: I am repulsed by this. It is lame, uninteresting, and makes all parties involved look stupid as hell. I feel sorry for MG. I really do.

I think the whole storyline is stupid and disgusting, but AF does make it all the more untolerable.

Archived