DAYS: Monday

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, but in real life, I would guess that none of us sees as many deaths as frequently as soaps do. Last time a person close to me died? gosh, maybe four or five years. "Days" has had enough death. Let's promote LIFE, Hogan! Hell, let's let those cool girls know that dorky guys can be "cool" to date, too! That's a POSITIVE PSA that "Days" could provide, with effects on creation that would FAR surpass those of a single DEATH that gives Melvin some Emmy material.

• Members

Bottom line, though, I believe, is that you have to determine which is more cost-effective. Go with your gut and kill a character off or the alternative.

Let's think

Killing off Nickwill give Melvin Emmy material, no question.

But if Chick thrives on its own, for years to come, such a power couple, a tortured couple even, could bring with it buzz and ratings -- more than that funeral would, unless you count the possible modest Nielsen spike.

Even as a writer, I should think Hogan would choose option #2. It has the most impact.

• Members

Its so hard to create a successful new couple on daytime now..and Days has finally done this with Nick and Chelsea...they have the potential to be a hugely popular couple, and attract a lot of younger viewers..I highly doubt Hogan or Corday would kill off Nick and let this couple end anytime soon....The story can be tragic without one of the characters dying..

• Members

"Tragic love story" does not automatically imply death. I don't see Hogan killing off Nick. Berris is young, cheap and has generally been well received by the fans. Plus Hogan has complained about the lack of young Hortons on the show.

Archived