Y&R: Looks like Shemar Moore has changed his mind about Y&R!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have lost so much respect and admiration that I once had for Shemar! So sad to see him saying things like this. And it really just chaps my fat ass to hear ex-daytime stars say:

How come they don't look at this as a job!! I wish I were a fly on the wall when Jeanne Cooper reads this!! I guess she's still practicing!!!! OH!!!!!

• Administrator

Young actors use daytime to train and practice acting. It's a known fact. They don't become actors to stay in daytime. They want to be in film or primetime.

Only actors who cannot have a career in film/tv are soap actors.

I don't see anything wrong with what Shemar said.

• Members

I agree with exactly what you said!! :SHOCK: :o LOL.....

There is nothing wrong with leaving daytime! Just don't go parading around that it was training ground...be glad that you got your break and be respectful to the genre who gave it to you. We all know what people think but it's another to hear them say it!!

• Members

One, I kind of sympathize with the guy, in this regard....he's ON a hit show, and for some reason, SOW (or SOD, whichever it was) had to SCREAM the headline "Y&R Hunk Refuses to return!" WTH is that about? He's. On. A. Hit. Show. Like Y&R wants to write a six week stint for Malcolm to fit into his down time? (It's not like Thomas Gibson ever gets asked this question, and he started on soaps too. He was Lily's first husband, Derek Mason on ATWT.)

SOW/SOD screwed him over to sell mags. Pure and simple.

And two...he's not (and never has been) the be all, end all in the acting department. Frankly, if he hadn't had the body to flaunt, he might not have gotten on Y&R in the first place. While he's grown, he's never gonna be Denzel.

• Members

Not true!

Just ONE example: Corbin Bernsen is a pretty familiar name in primetime, especially because of "LA Law," yet he's said time and time again that he'd do daytime if it the character is good enough. And not a good six months after I saw him say that in an interview, he started airing on GH in 2004.

Some people choose to stay in daytime, and those are the true stars of soap opera. Not the "before they were stars" group that the mainstream media likes to pimp out all the time. I will NEVER get over my shock and pain from when CBS aired their "CBS at 75" anniversary special in 2003 and the soap opera segment consisted only of Patricia Heaton making lame jokes (as Flannery, Cooper, Zimmer, Wagner, and Byrne scowled in the audience) and a montage of celebrities who began on the current CBS soaps. It was an INSULT!!!

Archived